Keyword

TOPIC:

Re: What is your favorite big wheeles?????? 11 years 7 months ago #13769

I'd go mounty - as much as I drooled over the Bruiser back in the 80s, I personally think the Mounty is a better looking truck.
Having said that, despite all the other flaws of the old 3-speeds, the one that irritates me most is the differing front/rear tracks - it was carried over from the original Hilux being based on a bodged together 1:1 Baja racer (I guess, due to it also having the wrong buck on it), the real Hilux certainly doesn't sport odd-length axles, & I can't say I've ever seen a custom/monster truck that does!
Tch, whining again then...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: What is your favorite big wheeles?????? 11 years 7 months ago #13772

For me,
The real pleasure is the building of the model. Wich what is it. A very simple or a truck the pleasure is the same. Only the time is differeent :huh:

Re: What is your favorite big wheeles?????? 11 years 7 months ago #13778

Yeah I'd say the same.
I think it's my engineering background that makes me so finnicky about how things are "Supposed to be".
I still can't get my head around Tamiya putting so much effort into producing "Scale" models (& charging scale model prices) for stuff that doesn't reflect the mechanics of the real thing though.
A few have been "close" to scale replicas, but always sport an air of "We've run out of time/money on this one, just make it work & get it out" eg Hiluxs & SRBs.
Then there are the ones I find irritating cos they're so "wrong" eg Unimog on a CC01 chassis, F150 on SRB chassis etc.
Closest to "Right" I can think of are Blazing Blazer, & CC01 Mu & Pajero.
I don't have a problem with the buggies though, I mean, if it doesn't exist in real life, it doesn't matter how you put it together (As long as it works) as it's not trying to be a replica of something, if that makes sense?
Toys should be one of 2 things - a toy to play with, cheap strong & functional, OR a scale model, a minature replica of the real thing, with as many functional twiddly bits as possible, priced to suit collectors/enthusiasts

Re: What is your favorite big wheeles?????? 11 years 7 months ago #13798

Well i'm definetly more into Bruiser/Mounty....and why not the famous Monster Beetle :lol: :lol:

Oh i forgot this one....My Bullhead that was never driven outside...shame on me :( :(
Proud owner of the Bruiser Family
Attachments:

Re: What is your favorite big wheeles?????? 11 years 7 months ago #13801

I always preferred the Bullhead over the Clod...

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.137 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.