Keyword

TOPIC:

What did you do today? 8 years 1 month ago #37783

It's always nice to play spot the difference between new and old, What do you think of the new model? Do you think it was a good price? :)
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

What did you do today? 8 years 1 month ago #37786

:) Today my wife bought me a nice Revell VW Golf 2 gti. I begun it.

Thanks Darling :kiss:
Attachments:

What did you do today? 8 years 1 month ago #37818

It's always nice to play spot the difference between new and old, What do you think of the new model? Do you think it was a good price? :)

To be honest.... I was a bit disappointed with the Optima 2016 build. Somehow it didn't have the "magic" to bring me back 30 years, like I have felt with some of the classic Tamiya re-re's like the Sand Scorcher or the Avante. Too much had been changed. Most of the drivetrain is of a new design, the countersunk screws all around that now are hex type, the one piece wheels with some strange looking tires etc. I can also add that the building order is changed compared to the original, something that in my opinion actually makes the build harder. I have built and rebuilt so many Optimas that I feel I can do it blindfolded, but the building order laid out in the manual is simply not the right way to do it. Qualitywise, the Kyosho re-re's are second to none. Quality materials that feels right and should be really durable. All in all well worth the price, but don't expect that 1985 feeling. This is a modern 2016 car.

Optimas aside, today I have finished my Hotshot II build (well, I still need to paint the driver). Painted the body and applied the decals. Body from TBG, decals from MCI. Bad white stripe between two of the colors on the decals, and no "Jackman Wheels", as they said "Jackson Wheels". Also the "Upset Unwin" decals are wrong, but I applied them anyway....

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Edou

Last edit: by TommieG.

What did you do today? 8 years 1 month ago #37824

:blink: I ordered last week a tbg body for my hotshot II and today, I painted the pilot... Maybe I will order mci decals but not sure. Maybe a personal deco.
The following user(s) Liked this: TommieG

What did you do today? 8 years 1 month ago #37825

If you buy the decals from MCI, ask Nathaneal if the "Jackman/Jackson Wheels" have been fixed, and ask him to make sure there are no white gaps in the stripes :angry:

What did you do today? 8 years 1 month ago #37830

Thanks for the advices.

What did you do today? 8 years 1 month ago #37832

Sent a package to France :)

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

What did you do today? 8 years 1 month ago #37833

Oh and I was up watching the MotoGP early & may have bought a projects + parts from evilbay :whistle: (of the shot family :blush: )

What did you do today? 8 years 1 month ago #37835

Sent a package to France :)

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: THANK YOU SIRE! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

What did you do today? 8 years 1 month ago #37873

A bad day but a small work on the scale golf. Light gritting before clear spraying and the painting of the helmet of the hotshot2 pilot. Orange. Not the best but funny

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.838 seconds