Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Lunchbox Motor Upgrade 9 years 11 months ago #28813

Hi just built re release lunchbox kit and got it going I have found that its a bit slow does anyone know what brushed motor I can use without damaging stock gearbox.
Im running with Tamiya teu 104bk speed controller
I have already fitted full ball bearings through out and tamiya short shockers. :)

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Lunchbox Motor Upgrade 9 years 11 months ago #28815

I'd go for the Tamiya "Sport Tuned" motor - about 30% more speed for about £20 :)
The following user(s) Liked this: crazy lunchbox

Lunchbox Motor Upgrade 9 years 11 months ago #28816

Hi there, first of all welcome! :)
The 'official' limit for that ESC would be 25 turns or a Tamiya Torque Tuned.

banzaihobby.com...uned-motor

That is on the safe side, your car should be able to handle a bit more. :y:
Running a Sport Tuned (like Jonny mentioned) probably won't hurt the ESC.

Last edit: by Edou.

Lunchbox Motor Upgrade 9 years 11 months ago #28817

[quote="Jonny Retro" post=28815]I'd go for the Tamiya "Sport Tuned" motor - about 30% more speed for about £20 :)[/quote]

or the torque tuned (if you have time to wait, get it from Banzai)

that whats you get when posting and working on cars :whistle:

Last edit: by waterbok.

Lunchbox Motor Upgrade 9 years 11 months ago #28820

Lol, I only knew about Banzai's Torque Tuneds because of you and TC. :silly:
We (more Joomla) could use a 'new/simultaneous post warning system' though (sometimes I'd reconsider my formulation)...

Lunchbox Motor Upgrade 9 years 11 months ago #28824

:y: thx :laugh:

Just in case you want to go Crazy on your Lunchbox ( :whistle: ) here a thread of mine (with a link to JR's too) on some more tuning options.

edit: @ mods the link to JRs post isnt working can you check please.

Last edit: by waterbok.

Lunchbox Motor Upgrade 9 years 11 months ago #28826

:woohoo: A friend run with a ezrun 9T brushless in its LB Perso I ran with my first released LB and MP with magnum or m&y modified motors and the standard msc without matter.
But in my mind, for a lunchy rere (with harder steering arms) a standard 540 is largely enough to have looooonnnngggg fun.

Lunchbox Motor Upgrade 9 years 11 months ago #28829

Thanks for advice just bought a sport tuned motor if it burns out esc I will upgrade to better esc. :)

Lunchbox Motor Upgrade 9 years 11 months ago #28830

No problemo crazy wih a sport tuned. It is a 540 standard lightly up graded by triming from remember.

Lunchbox Motor Upgrade 9 years 11 months ago #28833

No problemo crazy wih a sport tuned. It is a 540 standard lightly up graded by triming from remember.

For a long time the "internet myth" (based on the original version of this page , which for a long, long time was the default source of information about the Sport Tuned motor) was that they were 27T (presumably with a lot of advance) for Asia/USA and 23T for Europe (presumably with less advanced timing).

Current community thinking (but again, based on a single source) is they're 27 turn, single wind motors - see the dismantling at blackholesun.fr (scroll down).

Most retail sources (including Banzai Hobbies & Modelsport, linked earlier in this thread) list them as 23 turns (as does the Tamiyabase page ), though it's not clear what the source is as Tamiya don't ever seem to give that information voluntarily :whistle: No idea waht tamiyausa.com (which is NOT the same as Tamiya, despite what many think) has to say on the matter as their site seems to be dead this morning.

:)

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.
  • Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.154 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.