Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Lunchbox Motor Upgrade 9 years 11 months ago #28847

CL, From experience, I found that lunchies lose their fun factor when you start making them quicker - less wheelies, more body-destruction due to rollovers.
BUT if you wanted to go quicker as cheaply as possible, the white-end standard 540s they use in the Mardave bangers are slightly more pokey than the kit 540.
Your main problem will be the restrictive nature of the Tamiya ESC, they don't allow a lot of current through them before they warm up & start to "throttle" their output (To protect themselves).
A cheap alternative can be had from Blacksmithproducts.co.uk & other Ebay sellers for about 8 quid, & coupled with an "Epic" canned motor (eg "Return of the Monster", you'll be longing for the days when you could drive on all 4 wheels, the right way up.
Note, like Stingray said, you'll get better run times with normal motors, tuned ones will drain your battery alarmingly quickly (Like 4 minutes from a 1400 SCR)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Lunchbox Motor Upgrade 9 years 11 months ago #28850

The white end 540 is the Johnson 540 mounted on some vintage tam. It was a hopup in the 80's. from remind, it was mounted stock in the first release of the vanessa

Lunchbox Motor Upgrade 9 years 11 months ago #28880

That reminds me - there appears to be a glut of "Cheap" standard 540s on Ebay at the mo - don't bother... I think they may be spares for the Chinese buggies (BSD, HSP etc) that are electric monster conversions from nitro on-road cars, & as such they behave a lot like crawler motors (Low speed, highish torque) but aren't any good for crawling either...

Lunchbox Motor Upgrade 9 years 10 months ago #29428

Just got round to fitting new sport tuned motor Lunchie in now a beast very quick and pops wheelies for fun.
I think im going to modify wheelie bar to try and control massive wheelies :laugh:

Lunchbox Motor Upgrade 9 years 10 months ago #29429

I think im going to modify wheelie bar ...

Fit it upside down.

:)

Lunchbox Motor Upgrade 9 years 10 months ago #29438

:laugh: make another with meccano and a big rubber meccano wheele

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.146 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.