Keyword

TOPIC:

Greetings 9 years 1 month ago #33984

...Humourous comments about my building skills is OK, not about my painting ability. I think I do OK for someone with Parkinsons....

The only things I'd have issues with in your photos are:

1) whatever's on the Super Clod's tyres: if it's glycerine or peanut oil then I would have done a more thorough job of buffing it off; if it's an oily aerosol then it really needs washing off; and

2) the Alfa, specifically the standard of finish on the wheelarches & the masking - but IMO that's down to tools/materials/technique: a Dremel with a sanding drum on it (you might find you get better control with the tool clamped in a vice & move the arch to it, rather than holding bold freehand) will give a better result than trying to do the final edge with scissors; and Tamiya masking tape, carefully pressed down (for edges) and 3m blue (for areas) will work better than generic yellow poundshop tape

:)

... and TBH:
3) re the thought of new (hard) bodies, there's a lot you can to do to strip the old paint off and/or repair & still get a very good finish

:)
The following user(s) Liked this: Vincenzo

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Greetings 9 years 1 month ago #33985

[1) whatever's on the Super Clod's tyres:

I believe the previous owner used armor all

2) the Alfa, specifically the standard of finish on the wheelarches & the masking

Done when the Parkinsons first arrived, have better control now.

Tamiya masking tape, carefully pressed down (for edges) and 3m blue (for areas) will work better than generic yellow poundshop tape

Awaiting the arrival of an order with it in.

3) re the thought of new (hard) bodies, there's a lot you can to do to strip the old paint off and/or repair & still get a very good finish

I have been reading all the articles about painting and I will attempt to salvage the body shells - they are good but i would like to do my own paint job hence the second shell.

Cheers Vincenzo

Greetings 9 years 1 month ago #33987

great collection buddy B) The beetle body looks great, why replace? Porsche with a complete new body :woohoo: excellent. The blackfoot body is definitely recoverable :huh: but let me know if you want to move the body on :whistle: :laugh:

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
Attachments:

Greetings 9 years 1 month ago #33988

Welcome to the forum Vincenzo, great collection you have there, great to see another Aussie on board, where abouts are you ?

cheers Bullfrog

Greetings 9 years 1 month ago #33989

Welcome to the forum Vincenzo, great collection you have there, great to see another Aussie on board, where abouts are you ?

cheers Bullfrog

Darwin, Northern Territory

Cheers Vincenzo

Greetings 9 years 1 month ago #33991

great collection buddy B) The beetle body looks great, why replace? Porsche with a complete new body :woohoo: excellent. The blackfoot body is definitely recoverable :huh: but let me know if you want to move the body on :whistle: :laugh:

Obviously, I am not making myself clear. I realise the shell for the Monster Beetle is good, I am just not a fan of box art paint jobs. I would keep the shell as it is but I would like to do my own paint job.

Cheers Vincenzo

Greetings 9 years 1 month ago #33994

Your MB and the 959 are very nice.

Greetings 9 years 1 month ago #33995

Obviously, I am not making myself clear. I realise the shell for the Monster Beetle is good, I am just not a fan of box art paint jobs. I would keep the shell as it is but I would like to do my own paint job.

Cheers Vincenzo

Ahh I see, still the current paint can be stripped off the shells ready for new paint :)

Greetings 9 years 1 month ago #33996

:huh: Why the hubs are yellow on the blackfoot???

Greetings 9 years 1 month ago #33997

:huh: Why the hubs are yellow on the blackfoot???

they are Team CRP upgrades :)

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Vincenzo

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds