Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Help required 3 years 3 months ago #63912

Hi,
My name is Denis Charman and i live in Burton on Trent,Staffordshire.

I have an original Mudblaster which has not been used for about 20 years,so am going to restore it and wondered if anybody could help with an issue i have.

Charged original battery up and fitted it but with the switch in the off position the wheels continually spin so have no control, not sure if battery issue or something else.

I use an TECHNIPLUS AP-27 MKV which is original Radio Control System which with new batteries switched on ok.

Would love to get this running again so any help would be welcome.

Regards Denis

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Help required 3 years 3 months ago #63913

Welcome Denis, is your msc in neutral position ? And the battery is surely tired. Turn on before the transmitter and after the car switch.

Help required 3 years 3 months ago #63920

Make sure you switch on the transmitter first, then the car.
And when turning off, vehicle first then transmitter.

If you plug in the battery and then turn on the car first, the radio signal is not present so the vehicle will speed if the mechanical speed controller is not set to neutral, like if you turned off the car last time when it ran away due low voltage.
Solution is to move the viper arm on the speed controller to the center to be sure.
But always turn on the transmitter first to avoid that problem.

Help required 3 years 3 months ago #63929

Thanks for advice,
All seems to be working now but steering servo although working has got the plastic washer broken so not working the steering.
Can you obtain this washer seperate or is it new servo?

Also require new set of tyres as they have deteriated overtime,do you know anywhere for sale.

Help required 3 years 3 months ago #63932

For tires and servo ebay. Tamiya rereleased blackfoot and monster beetle. You have the choice now for sweet tires.
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Last edit: by stingray-63.

Help required 3 years 3 months ago #63933

If you mean the servo saver that is bolted on to the servo, yep those are available.
The Monster Beetle got re released in 2015 and black version in 2019 so those parts should easy to get.
Tamiya also makes a heavy duty servo saver in both black and white.

The heavy duty one has #51000

The 2015 Monster Beetle uses a servo saver that is built up from 3 different part trees so it's cheaper to buy the the upgraded one J10 or J11 for the lower part, E9 for the clip ring, K5 for the arm with holes and K6 that acts as a washer..
Orginal Monster Beetle uses the same numbers.
The top washer under the screw can be replaced with a normal M3 washer.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001

Last edit: by caprinut.

Help required 3 years 3 months ago #64043

Thanks for your help.

Tyres and servo saver parts ordered.

Can you upgrade the mudblaster and if so what parts would be required?

Regards Denis

Help required 3 years 3 months ago #64047

Mud Blaster use pretty much the same parts as Monster Beetle and Blackfoot so there is upgrade parts available.
2015 Monster Beetle uses more modern drive shafts, so that's one.

Shocks listed for MB and BL is another one.
There is also a MIP diff available for these.
There is aluminium wheel adapters on ebay etc, and so are other parts, some are more useful than others...
And ball bearings is a must if your is still running on plastic bushes.
And there is loads of brushless systems and 2.4ghz to choose from, but for me there is more charm running the old radio gear.
I still run brushed motors in most of my vehicles.

There used be loads of hop up parts available in the 90s, but many of the makers are now gone.
Thorpe did parts, Parma did parts to name a few.

Upgrade what is needed and after your wallet.
The hop up rabbit hole can be pretty big!

Help required 3 years 1 month ago #64850

Hi Caprinut,

Sorry not been in touch sooner but have had Covid and been out of action.
Am still struggling with servo saver spring which is white plastic and doesn't come with heavy duty servo kit,the item i am looking for is located on section 5 of mudblaster catalogue and is listed as B7 but no part no.so am stuck also have gone to replace tyres onto wheels and as stuck the rubber is difficult to remove-have you any ideas please.

Regards
Denis

Help required 3 years 1 month ago #64853

Hi Caprinut,

Sorry not been in touch sooner but have had Covid and been out of action.
Am still struggling with servo saver spring which is white plastic and doesn't come with heavy duty servo kit,the item i am looking for is located on section 5 of mudblaster catalogue and is listed as B7 but no part no.so am stuck also have gone to replace tyres onto wheels and as stuck the rubber is difficult to remove-have you any ideas please.

Regards
Denis

Sorry to hear you had the Covid, hope you are on the mend now.
The 3 springs in the Heavy Duty Servo Saver Kit replaces the weak white plastic spring on the orginal servo saver.
It's the spring that makes that Heavy Duty.
Bin the white spring.

Are the tires glued?
If so you need to get that unstuck.
There is several ways to do that.
First is to use debonder from you local hobby shop. That's acetone like and desolves the tire glue. Do little by little til the tire is comes off.
Second is to bake the tire and wheel in the oven at approx 150c for 10-15min, pop down one side of the bead (do wear gloves!!), and flip to the other side and in the oven for another 10-15min and do the same. Baking paper is adviceable to have on the coocking shelf or tray.
Next is boiling them. That has never worked for me, so I would not recomend that.

Hope that helps 

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.155 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.