Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Hello from UK. First models in 20 years. 3 years 4 months ago #64312

Hi All,

Phil here from the UK 

When I was researching my models I was on here lots so thought I should sign up and say hello.

My 7 year old girl wanted an RC car so I said I'd get her a proper one.

Anyway, she can't have one and not me. I bought a Frog for her and I think the last Super Hot Shot Re Re in stock in the UK.

Hope pictures have attached.

Future lesson for myself. Make sure the pinstripe tape you use doesn't react to the paint. It melted and I had lots of bleed through.

Anyway, hello.

Phil

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, the11th

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Jonny Retro. Reason: inserting pics :)

Hello from UK. First models in 20 years. 3 years 4 months ago #64318

Welcome phil. Nice choice 

Hello from UK. First models in 20 years. 3 years 4 months ago #64319

Welcome :)

Nice cars B)

Hello from UK. First models in 20 years. 3 years 4 months ago #64321

Thanks for the replies.

Just got to paint the drivers and not make them look like my 7 year old did them.

Any good hop ups for either? Apart from a brushless motor?

Hello from UK. First models in 20 years. 3 years 4 months ago #64322

Ball bearings. And bigger motors if needed. 

Hello from UK. First models in 20 years. 3 years 4 months ago #64323

They're both fully ball raced already.

Gonna have to be a brushless then. 

Hello from UK. First models in 20 years. 3 years 4 months ago #64324

Well, it's funny those times... I've rebuilt a MiniZ left on a shelve for almost 18 years for my son, and his sister wanted one. Searching for a second one and for parts definitely made me falling back into R/C mood. One month later, I have a DT-03, and my son as well. My daughter wants one now...

Sometimes I'm asking myself if we entertain our kids or if they entertain us... Long story short, my daughter is waiting I'm getting a new buggy for me to be able to take my DT-03 when we will run all together (and my wife agreed I pull the trigger with anticipation for the next kit :-D - I really never thought I could use my daughter as alibi for this :-D)...

Hope you'll enjoy the time with your daughter the same way I enjoy the time with my kids :-D
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, the11th

Last edit: by silvertriple.

Hello from UK. First models in 20 years. 3 years 4 months ago #64326

welcome on the board and great choice on the models

Hello from UK. First models in 20 years. 3 years 4 months ago #64327

They're both fully ball raced already.

Gonna have to be a brushless then. 

I'm not sure I would, they're both old designs, with limitations/fragility & lack of gearing options ... The Tamiya 540 Sport Tuned motor is a bit of a venerable design, it's got cheaper looking & more expensive recently, but 25 GBP for a 30%-ish increase in speed, with the kit ESC & gearing is hard to beat on value.

Moving from NiMH to 2S Lipo batteries is an option, it'll add a lot of pep (at the cost of different chargers, an extra vigilance when charging, and for storage). 

Brushless doesn't have to mean silly fast, but i'd question whether the expense of a motor/ESC combo that those chassis can reasonably handle (maybe 17T?) is worth it...

Those metal Frog antennas are a liability, when you roll/crash it there's all the damage that the crash entails, followed by a 2nd one nearly as bad when the antennas spring back. that wing is also getting ripped off at some point, I know it'll damage the decal but it's well worth using washers/spacers as big as you can under the screw heads & nuts to try and spread the load a bit. The differential has a tendancy to expand under power/bend the gearbox sides & cause slip/clacking - there are a few gearbox side stiffener ideas/products out there.

:)

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Lemsko

Hello from UK. First models in 20 years. 3 years 4 months ago #64328

Sure Jon. I saw the difference on my brat between the silvercan and the sport tuned. 

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.131 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.