Keyword

TOPIC:

1:18 RNLI Tyne Class Lifeboat Build 7 years 2 months ago #42482

Time to dust this off again ... it made sense to make & fit the deck as seven discrete pieces (note the curve), next step is to start on the rear superstructure...

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1:18 RNLI Tyne Class Lifeboat Build 7 years 1 month ago #42621

Making progress - fore & aft superstructures started, rear is from 1mm styrene sheet, front from 0.75mm, both are braced internally...from this point & on, construction is very much like anything I've done on my one off vehicle builds.

Remaining parts from the first batch were mostly window frames, plus I realised the front of the aft superstructure was some 9mm short, so I had to correct that before fitting the rope locker sides :whistle:

Next batch should see the rope lockers fleshed out + more vents & doors. I've moved on to a box of 20 year old 3.5" disk labels for the cutting guides ...

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

1:18 RNLI Tyne Class Lifeboat Build 7 years 1 month ago #42622

Very nice JR great to see your progress :y: I haven't used my boats since before Christmas, Or Any rc :blush:
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

1:18 RNLI Tyne Class Lifeboat Build 7 years 1 month ago #42623

... I haven't used my boats since before Christmas, Or Any rc :blush:

Last time for me was test driving the Valp ... best part of 9 months ago :blink:

1:18 RNLI Tyne Class Lifeboat Build 7 years 1 month ago #42801

Been doing lots of fiddly details ... rearmost deckhouse is complete AFAIK, but there's still a long way to go on the front - the raised conn platform, masts, antennas & so on ...

Vintage 3.75" Star Wars figures are about right in terms of scale, Luke X-Wing Pilot is the closest to RNLI uniform but will need some tweaks...

Very boring, but also done the deck coaming so the deckhouses don't slide around any more...

1:1 reference pic for the trim tab hydraulics & exhausts ... my plans show the exhausts as much longer and a 90 degree angle, but these will be much easier to model ....

After that it's "just" the deck furniture & railings to do, plus paint :)
The following user(s) Liked this: Edou, stingray-63

1:18 RNLI Tyne Class Lifeboat Build 7 years 1 month ago #42802

Wow, what detail. :blink:

1:18 RNLI Tyne Class Lifeboat Build 7 years 1 month ago #42804

Awesome!

1:18 RNLI Tyne Class Lifeboat Build 7 years 1 month ago #42912

Fiddly details continue ...

Starting on the raised steering platform:

Individual bits for the capstan:

Cheap servo internally modified to spin continuously to drive the radar - still needs a proper bracket making ...

Details on stern:

Completed steering position + antennas etc:

:)

1:18 RNLI Tyne Class Lifeboat Build 7 years 1 month ago #42914

:pinch: awesome detailing. :y: :y: :y:

1:18 RNLI Tyne Class Lifeboat Build 7 years 3 weeks ago #43013

Deck details complete, I only did a small section of the railings & one side of the grab line as a quick test, I'll do it all properly after painting.

And speaking of painting, I seem to have got this ready just in time for April - month of suprise frosts and big fat raindrop showers out of clear blue skies :whistle:

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Edou

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.