Keyword

TOPIC:

58611 Willy is back, and his little Honda 9 years 3 months ago #33111

Rere'd again , this time with chassis and wheels. WR-02c :y:

Hope tires are same size as the originals.
The following user(s) Liked this: Edou, Dam, stingray-63

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by waterbok.

58611 Willy is back, and his little Honda 9 years 3 months ago #33112

The tires look the same as the originals, as do the wheels. I assume the wheels will have different construction due to the different chassis.
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

58611 Willy is back, and his little Honda 9 years 3 months ago #33113

...Rere'd again...

"Again", waterbok? I know a bodyset was re-released in a limited run a while back & several people fitted them to Wild Willy 2 chassis ...

I guess the only real surprise is that it's taken so long for an official kit to be re-released. Actually what surprises me is that it has Wheels & tyres that look faithful to the original, rather than being straight out of the parts bin :D

Good things - tyres, assuming they are the same size as the original edit higher res pic shows tyres _are_ Advan branded :y:, "glass" available again, ditto the roof spoiler;

Less so - wheels as lars mentioned, body has gained two holes for rear mount posts (so will need a bit of work for use on an original, but nothing like as bad as the Sand Rover re-hash ;) ), "Willy's Wheeler" front dam decal omitted, as are the Mugen window decals;

Bad things: No front splitter or mount, no 'roo bar (front bumper) or mount block, no rear roll hoop :( ... and of course it's not the original chassis, but TBH i can't bleat about that as it was never going to happen.

For restorers it's some help then, but not exactly a dream ticket. As a car in it's own right, I can't help but feel losing the front bumper & decal it's lost a bit of its charm, also the ride height is much taller - i'd guess 12-15 mm taller than the original.

I'm fairly keen myself, but it'll depend on price - if it's around the current price of a Lunchbox (84 GBP) then Tamiya will be beating off customers with an, ahem, dirty stick, up to that of Wild Willy 2 (125 GBP, or 24 GBP more for an XB with radio gear & battery/charger :blink:) then I'd think it'd still do really well ... I don't know if Tamiya load reetooling/early uptake/halcyonity (:whistle:) premiums on though, at 150 GBP I'd have to think very hard & would probably pass, at 175 to 200 GBP, forget it.

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

58611 Willy is back, and his little Honda 9 years 3 months ago #33118

well even without glasses I would say it says Advan

58611 Willy is back, and his little Honda 9 years 3 months ago #33119

not from you first pic :P

58611 Willy is back, and his little Honda 9 years 3 months ago #33120

:lol: same for a bad rere like the ww2 and the pajero, I could be very interested. I love the mini manga honda :silly:

58611 Willy is back, and his little Honda 9 years 3 months ago #33122

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
OH YESSSS I gotta have it now,... ''she said''....lol!
NO NO, I gotta have it now!!!
I wish it would of been a late 2014 issue date...BUT I'm ready to buy one when ever it hits the USA!
What is the date of retail sale of these?

I was going to post a 'whats up with all the Willy Honda turbos' showing up on ebay for sale...!?
I guess someone leaked the story;
And the ebay-clowns who always want $300plus for a NIP Honda city body were hoping to sell off theirs before anyone noticed the repops!
So now, I will only be offering these gougers $50usd for any of theirs! lol
I can care less what you paid for YOURS, now its only worth $50! hahahahahaahaaaa :P :silly: :laugh:
THANK YOU TAMIYA!!!!!!!!!

I hope Tamiya keeps the old school 1984 big kit box size with;
Wild Willy 'THE MAD BOMBER' look on the kit box art!
I'm off to scrounge up a killer motor and make mine screammm for mercy. :evil:
Oh man, I've been waiting a longgg time for one of these to be repoped!!
As far as the 'curb jumper' stock ride height goes, just install some shock travel limiters and or short shock springs?
Us USA tarmac racer-tuners have been installing spings or dropping cars forever.
I'll slam mine and make it a pocket rocket street racer.

FWI, like I've said before in posts;
all Tamiya collectors should know...Tamiya still has ALL of its old vintage r/c molds.
Body molds for sure.
If you wait long enough, Tamiya -WILL- repop the car.
I'm still sticking to my thoughts that only a few of the F1 cars, the B2B, Blazer/Toyota stepside Hilux, or maybe the Lambo Cheetah wont be repoped as full kits?

robracer

Last edit: by robracer.

58611 Willy is back, and his little Honda 9 years 3 months ago #33124

Yes they are ADVANS und whats that Discbrakes?

If thats what I think they did, thats gona make same people happy.

The chassis is different too, the front got a little makeover. (longer wheelbase?)

Last edit: by waterbok.

58611 Willy is back, and his little Honda 9 years 3 months ago #33125

Found some more images:

Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

58611 Willy is back, and his little Honda 9 years 3 months ago #33126

Yes they are ADVANS und whats that Discbrakes?

If thats what I think they did, thats gona make same people happy.

The chassis is different too, the front got a little makeover. (longer wheelbase?)

I don't think it's meant to be disc brakes.
It looks like they have used the original Wheeler rims that have room for a huge ball bearing, and made an adapter to fit them to the new WR-02c chassis.

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.260 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.