15m of heat shrink should last a while :P

New combo at last! ^_^

Quite neat :)

Team Bad Attitude

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Baja's VDF build 12 years 1 month ago #8538

More to come....

Got a bit of work done on my JZX100.

Did the 'DORIYAA' mod :) Very happy with how VDF 3 drives now.

Thanks for looking.

Updates soon.

Jeremy.
Team Bad Attitude

Re: Baja's VDF build 12 years 1 month ago #8543

Why a pile of Tamiya bits? Time to update VDF 3 since she is my main drift chassis.

3 got; Evo IV arms,Low Friction 5mm Adjusters,new knuckles (Thinking of getting Alum front and rear hubs.) and TRF low friction V parts for TRF shocks.

Over all 3 is harder,stronger and better car :)

Now for a few more photos of the JZX.

And one non edited photo :P

Thanks for looking.

Jeremy.
Team Bad Attitude

Re: Baja's VDF build 12 years 1 month ago #8547

Not really a fan of touring/drift cars, but that blue chassis is really pretty. My fave has to be the Camaro, shame it wasn't a '68 though. Interesting that they've plonked the motor up front (...I'm assuming that's a counter gear), should help with weight distribution, looks a bit odd though. That carbon fibre & blooo will have Edou drooling...

Re: Baja's VDF build 12 years 1 month ago #8552

There is a real 67 - 69 camaro drift car in Germany but the HPI 67 hits the spur gear in a VDF sadly.

'front' motor has been going on fro quite a while now about 3 years.They're even putting motors over the front axle now!

Yep its CS running 1.9 ( rear spins 90% faster then front )

Jeremy.
Team Bad Attitude

Re: Baja's VDF build 12 years 1 month ago #8555

Hola & welcome on board, bajaboy5b :)

Good to see Tamiya making a drift car that actually works - the TT01D "Drift Spec" chassis I have is a joke - not enough power from the motor, & a soft rear end means you can't get it drifting, even on hard PVC tyres :S

The TA03F I have (very stiff rear end, locked rear diff, filed front suspension for more lock, EZRUN 5.5T combo) looks very low tech in comparision - no bling whatsoever, no possibility of overdriving the rear wheels ... can't say I like all those exposed pulleys & belts though ... & the exposed pinion & spur make me cringe - maybe someone should explain to Tamiya what _grit_ is :blink:

Nice videos :) :y:

Re: Baja's VDF build 12 years 1 month ago #8556

Hello and thank you.

You can CS a TA03F you just need a shorter main drive belt and set screw pulleys.

The open lay out is normal on touring cars and so is the open pinion and spur,I have moved to 48p gearing though as the stock 64p is very well known for stripping.I fully rebuild all my cars after running them anyway so the VDF with it's open layout doesn't really scare me.

Jeremy.
Team Bad Attitude

Re: Baja's VDF build 12 years 1 month ago #8558

That carbon fibre & blooo will have Edou drooling...

Definitely! Those are some very cool looking chassis. Nice job on the bodies too. :y:
More a fan of a drive shaft over a belt myself tbh... ;)

Re: Baja's VDF build 12 years 1 month ago #8562

Theory says belts are better than shafts as the shock loading on the transmission is much less & there's less flywheel effect not having a spinning lump of metal, meaning acceleration should be better. Downside is they act like an open gearbox & get grit in them causing wear & slippage. What always confused me about drift cars is that they all seem to be 4wd - I though the whole point was ease of hanging the back end out? Having the Frontera sideways on roundabouts is nigh impossible in 4wd, sure you can get some all-4-wheels sliding sideways action in slippery conditions in 4wd, but that's akin to FWD understeer (& bad if the kerbs are high!). Surely overdriving the back wheels of a 4x4 is the same thing as RWD, so why waste power driving the fronts at all?

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.160 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.