Keyword

TOPIC:

Building an M06 What do i need to know? 6 years 10 months ago #44247

• BCM06
  • BCM06's Avatar Topic Author
  • Born to be Wild
  • Born to be Wild
Hey Guys,

I am about to crack the pack on my Alfa romeo Giula GTA M06 kit that the postman dropped to me this Am.
I have purchased the sealed bearings kit for it and am wondering what shocks you would recommend as i usually always start with bearings and shocks on any chassis. Also anything peculiar to the build that i should watch for, Seems pretty straight forward but best to ask someone who has built one before. Also any other upgrades you suggest , Driveshaft? I usually try to stay as plastic as possible except for a few key parts.

Cheers!
Keep the rubber on the road! PM me with any Alfa Romeo bodies!!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Building an M06 What do i need to know? 6 years 10 months ago #44250

Welcome BCM06. I necer built a m06 but about tamiyas, you just have to check carefully the manual. For the options, bearings, oil filles shocks (see the manual to have the item number).
If you want a bigger motor, you can use a radiator.
That is only basis.

Building an M06 What do i need to know? 6 years 10 months ago #44253

• BCM06
  • Born to be Wild
  • Born to be Wild
Hey that's great info. Yes thanks. I also had no idea that those radiators existed. I'll grab one once I upgrade. I am going to throw one on my basher truck as well, since I just burned out my motor yesterday.... thanks for the tips.

What motors do you guys suggest for these I was eyeing a gt sport tuned...

Last edit: by BCM06.

Building an M06 What do i need to know? 6 years 10 months ago #44254

If you keep the stock esc, you can put max a sport tuned. It is enough for me. You can see on the database for better advices. Larbut updated the motor secrion yesterday.

Building an M06 What do i need to know? 6 years 10 months ago #44255

• BCM06
  • Born to be Wild
  • Born to be Wild
I have purchased a hobbywing 1060 60amp esc for it as I have heard the tamiya escs do not like lipo batteries very much... thanks for the link. Great resources here for sure. Long time nicd user but still wrapping my head around lipo , brushless and amps.

Since I started fresh all I have are new lipos so I'm trying to make each car lipo friendly.

Building an M06 What do i need to know? 6 years 10 months ago #44256

You need a very good charger for your lipos. They are explosive batt ;) not only with amps :D

Building an M06 What do i need to know? 6 years 10 months ago #44258

• BCM06
  • Born to be Wild
  • Born to be Wild
I have a expensive balance charger and always charge in a porcelain pot. I have been running lipos for almost 3 years with my drones and as long as you don't damage them and understand how to store them etc , I don't feel any reason to fear lipos. The run times alone are worth the risk but unless you damage or screw up your charging they are safe.

When I was speaking of amps and motors, it was more wrapping my head around what size lipo is needed to feed a 60 amp esc without it triggering low voltage.

Every battery is explosive once ruptured some less severe than others and it's not actually the battery that is exploding it's the chemical fire caused by the oxygen that causes the quick burn. Wet lithium is also not a goal you want to strive for.

I'm 37 and not new to rc or charging but I find that I still learn something new everyday. This hobby has certainly changed a bit in the few years I've been absent In fpv land.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Building an M06 What do i need to know? 6 years 10 months ago #44259

Dude. You have more experience than me with lipos :D I am scared by them. For lipo size, sorry. I can't help you.

Building an M06 What do i need to know? 6 years 10 months ago #44260

• BCM06
  • Born to be Wild
  • Born to be Wild
Absolutely no reason to be afraid of them. Buy a good balance charger, never store past half charged and put em in a ammo box. Tbh you will never here of stored lipos burning unless they were left charged and even then I've never heard of that. It's usually when a person has damaged the casing from bashing that you see a burn. You should try one . You will go from 16 minute runs to 45 + minute runs. Always use a voltage alarm and set it for 3.8 and you are golden. Like anything else care and a bit of learning are all that is needed. 2000mah and under charge at 1amp and you'll never find an issue.

Plus the balance plugs make them very simple and completely idiot proof.

There is more bad info on them out there than people who actually understand them. Believe me when i say they will become the norm soon enough.

Cel phones burn but we all still put them to our heads and carry em in our pockets so.

Re:Building an M06 What do i need to know? 6 years 10 months ago #44261

You can run the quicrun 1060 on 2S or 3S. Think 2S will do. What kind of hopups you need depend on your driving needs. There are quite some options for the M06.

Ball bearings and a steel pinion are one of the first, alloy 12mm hexes and oil shocks second after that its All up how crazy you want to go. I think there exist some PDF for the m chassis. Which show most hopups ( I had a nice one for the MF01x)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.124 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.