Keyword

TOPIC:

My M chassis builds 5 years 3 months ago #53595

The flag looks great!
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

My M chassis builds 5 years 2 months ago #54090

I finished this several weeks ago, I really ought to pull my finger out & take some photos ...

My M chassis builds 4 years 11 months ago #55326

Hmm that took a while ... demonstrating again that for me the fun is in building, once I'm done I'm really not that bothered ...

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: oldwilly

My M chassis builds 4 years 11 months ago #55333

I love it

My M chassis builds 4 years 7 months ago #56489

Started on 1 1:10 version of "Snowy", my 1977 1098cc Austin Mini from back in the day ... I don't have a chassis for it yet but wanted to get the bulk of the painting done while the weather is still warm.

I don't like the bodykitted look of the shell I bought, or the silly wipers, but Tamiya kits & bodies cost more than I want to spend.

I left about 1cm below the front bumper on the scrap I cut off (keeping the front number plate support, but a combination of the polycarbonate being very thin there + a bit too much pressure on the scalpel meant the cut wandered :(

I marked a new bottom line with tape & recut, it almost looks like I intended it from the start, especially as I also trimmed a little more off the sills & rounded the bottom corners of the spats.

After masking I hit the inside with Tamiya PS-1 White, being a pretty decent match to the Ford (really) Diamond White the 1:1 version was painted with.

Attachments:

My M chassis builds 4 years 7 months ago #56492

:huh: bumpers and grill are moulded now??

My M chassis builds 4 years 7 months ago #56496

:huh: bumpers and grill are moulded now??

This is a "matrixline" "branded" shell, but Tamiya haven't exactly covered themselves in glory in that department - while the 58149 Rover Mini Cooper & the 58163 monte Carlo (M-01) might have separate chromed parts, the 58211 "Racing" (M-03) version at least doesn't, IDK about all the other versions.

:)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

My M chassis builds 4 years 7 months ago #56515

I'm going to have another go at this, it never felt right failing to complete it...

This time I have the Pumpkin body from the truck that donated its gearbox & wheels to my Maz 535 project.

It seemed a shame to lose a decent paintjob without ever running it, so I thought I'd do it before I changed my mind - unfortunately the stink window was much shorter than expected so I barely got the outside done - and nothing on the inside :(

Chassis/wheels will come from a new M-06 Volkswagen Beetle kit - it was the same price as the Pumpkin Lowride so I suppose I could have bought one of those instead & saved the red body, but thought painting & decalling a Lexan Bug (before selling it on) would add variety.

My plans this time are a little more modest & therefore more likely to get finished this time:
- Fixed hood (& no engine)
- filled body mount holes & sunroof, hidden body fixings
- dropped load bed & fence sides/back (no winch/crane)
- reduced width wheels/taller tyres
- faded/worn through paint (I've always "seen" this as being blue), possibly with some rust effects?

Attachments:

My M chassis builds 4 years 7 months ago #56519

PS-whatebs Silver sprayed (it got very splatterey at the end :() + masking removed, I've also got a chassis for it - the cheapest M-05 I could possibly find. It's an NSU TT Jagermeister, which with the ESC removed & cashing in my saved points was just over 7 GBP (really) from Fusion Hobbies :y: :D

The wheels are vaguely like the one on the original "Snowy", but will require modification to look a bit more like the 10" size & higher profile tyres.

In the interests of squeezing every bit of fun/experience out of the kit, I do want to make the Lexan TT body a lot more like the NSU Prinz 4 it's based on before selling on, my plan so I don't forget is to:
- sort the silly boot/deck lid shenanigans;
- lose the front valance, narrow the wheel spats if possible;
- no smoke on the windows, lose any decals that have racing/sponsorship pretensions;
- I do have most of a can of PS-7 orange, but would like to paint in a more subdued colour, possibly PS-32 Corsa Grey;
- add styrene bumpers
- possibly add a basic interior at swage line level (flat sheet with hints at dash, steering wheel, seat backs)

Attachments:

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

My M chassis builds 4 years 7 months ago #56521

Yep Jonny worn faded blue and rust.

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.261 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.