Keyword

TOPIC:

1972 LeMans GT Jim's Brushless Blockhead build 2 years 4 months ago #69581

Well, got it all laid out and ready to start sometime this weekend. 

Full set of bearings will be used.

Marc, I included a couple pics of the motor etc. in case you are curious and I think I will start with the 18t pinion... (Also a pic of the Hobbywing ESC they are now including)

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, Jonny Retro, stingray-63, AndyAus, Al, Scanox, silvertriple, jord001, Ducksnuts

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1972 LeMans GT Jim's Brushless Blockhead build 2 years 4 months ago #69587

Yeahhhh Jim. Can't wait to see this built
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

1972 LeMans GT Jim's Brushless Blockhead build 2 years 4 months ago #69592

Wow, that's what I call being organized... I can't do this on my side, as I am using the dining table to do my builds, therefore my way to do is to work with boxes to get everything moved easily.

In terms of motor, you are taking the same approach as me. Looking forward to your builds results :-) 

I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, jord001

1972 LeMans GT Jim's Brushless Blockhead build 2 years 4 months ago #69602

What a nice work area. I too use the dining table like Silvertriple but thats ok because I have permission off the wife. Same thing though with boxes that can be easily removed if the table needs using. 
Regards

Lee
The following user(s) Liked this: Al

1972 LeMans GT Jim's Brushless Blockhead build 2 years 4 months ago #69603

Marc, it won't stay that way long.   I am lucky to use my engine rebuild area for this hobby too.

Started assy. this morning with a few decals and chassis parts per the manual. Never started a kit with some decals first. Kind of cool. Tamiya makes a note to use one of their silver paints to touch up spots where parts are connected to the tree. This could easily be avoided by NOT using black plastic to mold parts. I have other Tamiya parts molded in silver ( that is almost an exact match) or even white would have been better. I cannot see the need for black as a base color in order to plate parts in a silver satin finish.

And with the front arms added. Will be adding LEDs later.
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, silvertriple, jord001, Ducksnuts

Last edit: by 1972 LeMansGT Jim.

1972 LeMans GT Jim's Brushless Blockhead build 2 years 4 months ago #69605

Well, I suspected that, Jim  .

Mine will be different... I'm thinking about colors... I may do something totally different than what June Wanatabee proposed. Still have not decided if I go for another body, or if use glanzer on the pre-painted body (I'm almost sure there is some Hardcore Tamiya fan groups or forum where you can get a ban for this - hopefully the owner and modos won't do this here for me :-) )

Nice space for building you have... Looking forward for the next steps of the build :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al, jord001

Last edit: by silvertriple.

1972 LeMans GT Jim's Brushless Blockhead build 2 years 4 months ago #69607

I prefer the original version of the wild one. JW always had strange tastes... 
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

1972 LeMans GT Jim's Brushless Blockhead build 2 years 4 months ago #69612

I do like the metallised bits over the red of the original, I even like the blue, although I'd rather pick my own shade. I like the yellow bargeboards, but not the other yellow plastics. 

What I really dislike is the sponsor decals, and where they have to go being dictated to me. The "painting" of the driver figure - especially the hands - is laughable. Unless you did it yourself, in which case may I constructively suggest you paint the 6th & 7th (& 8th) finger areas black so the driver looks less like he's wearing boxing gloves ;)  

Overall though, I hate it a lot less than the pink/purple/polkadot Hornet ;) 

I'm hoping that the April '22 version will be a much less "special" special edition ;)  
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, silvertriple, jord001

1972 LeMans GT Jim's Brushless Blockhead build 2 years 4 months ago #69613

I like the hornet wj. It is funny. Wait a little time jonny . Maybe it will be cheap like the hornet. During a period, it was under 100€ and now up to a classic hornet.
The following user(s) Liked this: silvertriple, jord001

Last edit: by stingray-63.

1972 LeMans GT Jim's Brushless Blockhead build 2 years 4 months ago #69616

I did not like it at first...
The thing I had in mind when looking at the Wild One was "Why there is not 4 search lights?". And the number plate on the side seems to be a natural element to get on a baja racing car. I had those mods in mind before even they came with this version, but I could not find one Wild One available.

What I won't mount on mine is those ridiculous Yellow light buckets that doesn't really look like ones... I'll get proper light buckets. The blue and sponsors I'll need to do something about it. I may keep the blue, but the side stickers with fake sponsors are meh, I need to find a better solution for this...

And starting out with blue (even if it is not exactly the proper shade), I may try to do something with orange and a petroleum company :-)
I think I got my idea, now :)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, jord001

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.