Keyword

TOPIC:

1972 LeMans GT Jim's Brushless Blockhead build 2 years 4 months ago #69618

... The blue and sponsors I'll need to do something about it. I may keep the blue, but the side stickers with fake sponsors are meh, I need to find a better solution for this...

If anyone can scan their decals before cutting them up, I'm quite happy to redraw the offending parts & set the vinyl cutter/plotter to work. There's a limited choice of blue vinyl, but in my mind fewer/better sponsors on a mismatched colour is better than what's there. of the other "fixed" (no choice) location decals, I don't mind the chequered flags & even that turtle, but I've developed an intense dislike of the "Don't be afraid to crash" text already ;)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, silvertriple, jord001

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1972 LeMans GT Jim's Brushless Blockhead build 2 years 4 months ago #69619

Well, I always get a png high definition scan of the decal sheet when starting a kit, even though I don't use them most of the time. It won't be different this time. I did checked on my set of vinyl, and I may have one quite close in terms of color, I'll need to check this. My approach would be simply to recut the shape of the side chassis stickers in plain vinyl, and then put whatever I like to put in terms of sponsors... But the scans won't be before end of December most likely.
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

1972 LeMans GT Jim's Brushless Blockhead build 2 years 4 months ago #69620

Well, I always get a png high definition scan of the decal sheet when starting a kit, even though I don't use them most of the time. It won't be different this time. I did checked on my set of vinyl, and I may have one quite close in terms of color, I'll need to check this. My approach would be simply to recut the shape of the side chassis stickers in plain vinyl, and then put whatever I like to put in terms of sponsors... But the scans won't be before end of December most likely.

That's exactly what I was thinking - but if you've got the materials & tools I'm quite happy not to do it ;)

1972 LeMans GT Jim's Brushless Blockhead build 2 years 4 months ago #69621

yeah...
I just checked exactly that

It looks like the lighter blue in my vinyl set is exactly the right one.
The dark one maybe also of use :)
And cherry on the cake, I have the same yellow as well if I need it :)

1972 LeMans GT Jim's Brushless Blockhead build 2 years 4 months ago #69623

Moved on to the front shocks (red oil) and then installed onto buggy

Next is some rear suspension components.  

Next up is the roll cage..  

On to the gearbox next............
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al, silvertriple, jord001

1972 LeMans GT Jim's Brushless Blockhead build 2 years 4 months ago #69627

Nice shocks. They look more efficient than the original...

1972 LeMans GT Jim's Brushless Blockhead build 2 years 4 months ago #69628

The front lights are really ugly. Like toys. A shame.

1972 LeMans GT Jim's Brushless Blockhead build 2 years 4 months ago #69643

The front lights are really ugly. Like toys. A shame.

Even in black, the Tamiya light buckets are not very nice... They could have done much much much much much better... It breaks the scale look of the Wild One IMHO... There was so much better to do for this. They should have taken exemple of what Kyosho did for the Tomahawk or the Turbo Scorpion, where the light buckets really have a scale looking (not even speaking about lighting efficiency - which is there as well)... This is the kind of details that is not acceptable from Tamiya, and that many fans accept just because there is two stars on the box...
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001

1972 LeMans GT Jim's Brushless Blockhead build 2 years 4 months ago #69646

Ordered today a 13.5T brushless blue cheap motor for my own build, and as well less toyish light buckets (I will have to find a way to replace the covers with their fake sponsors, but I'll find a solution for this - or maybe remove the sponsors all together on those)...
The plan is to swap the TBLE-04S with one of the TBLE-02S I have on one of the cars.
Now that I have the vinyls in mind, I will keep the pre-painted body...
More ideas may come later on, I need to check what other colors I have available in vinyls...
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, jord001

1972 LeMans GT Jim's Brushless Blockhead build 2 years 4 months ago #69647

Gearbox lubed up, outfitted with ball bearings and done. 

Looks like Tamiya knew of their poor light choice and included a set of chromies. 

Rear suspension assembled and installed with gearbox.... 

18T pinion on motor and mocked up in buggy, will remove and solder wires next (and get electronics planned out.)    
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, silvertriple, jord001, Ducksnuts

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.