Keyword

TOPIC:

1972 LeMans GT Jim's Brushless Blockhead build 2 years 4 months ago #69648

Looks like rear shocks are next.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, silvertriple, jord001

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1972 LeMans GT Jim's Brushless Blockhead build 2 years 4 months ago #69649

18T pinion on motor and mocked up in buggy, will remove and solder wires next (and get electronics planned out.)

Jim, did you measure how long the sensor cable should be with the front placement of the ESC. As per what I read, the silver can delivered with the Wild One as quite long connection cable (much longer than the ones delivered usually...), and this picture is also making me thinking about this. Planning ahead my build, it would be great if you can indicate the length of the sensor cable required :)
Thanks
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

1972 LeMans GT Jim's Brushless Blockhead build 2 years 4 months ago #69651

Hi Marc, funny you bring this up as I didn't even think about it til I installed the motor. The cable that came with the motor is maybe 4 inches long so I just ordered a 300 mm (about 12 inches) one so I can use it in other applications (as well as this one) that may come up. Its longer than I need for this project but thats fine. It was only $8 shipped so no big deal... Looks like an 8-10 inch one would suffice though
The following user(s) Liked this: silvertriple, jord001

1972 LeMans GT Jim's Brushless Blockhead build 2 years 4 months ago #69652

Thanks Jim,
It is just the picture that made me think about the time I spent to estimate the length and the best way to pass out the wires on the Turbo Scorpion. Kyosho indication was 210mm and turned right within a certain position for the ESC, but within a different position, that turned to be too short :-)
The length itself as not much importance, you just need it to be long enough to be able to have the cable going thru and not too much visible (and some times, it will depend how much you want to hide it...)
The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim, jord001

Last edit: by silvertriple.

1972 LeMans GT Jim's Brushless Blockhead build 2 years 4 months ago #69748

Got the rear shocks built and installed...

Got my 300mm sensor cable and installed it as well as finished up the electronic component layout and install. Just waiting for some bullet connectors to be delivered so I can connect motor to ESC.    

Next was the wheels/tires Moving on to the rest of the bodywork and decals etc. First plowable snow here in NH tonight so unsure when first test drive will be.
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, silvertriple, jord001

1972 LeMans GT Jim's Brushless Blockhead build 2 years 4 months ago #69756

My blue can 13.5T motor arrived yesterday, with some leds and few other stuff... Picked it, as well as a servo, a TBLE02S to replace the TBLE04S inside the kit, the sensor cable, a receiver, 4 white and 2 red leds : all have been added inside the Wild One box.

Remain to be added in the box :
- bullet connectors (thanks to make me think about those, Jim)
- cables for the motor
- led buckets (they are shipped, but not arrived yet).

I may solder the motor cables and bullet connectors in the afternoon so this will be ready for the build...
Not sure when I'll build the Wild One. I may prioritise the track car to go first...
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, jord001

1972 LeMans GT Jim's Brushless Blockhead build 2 years 4 months ago #69870

Here she is all finished up, ugly lights, color scheme and all. I really like it odd as it may sound. Got a chance to zip it around the driveway real quick and it was surprisingly fast and once you consider that the ESC came with and the motor was less than $30 USD delivered it was a very reasonable upgrade. Color went well also. Included a few pics of the motor area Marc, I had to channel the :box Behind the drive so the wires would sit flat and nice. I can take a few more pics if you like.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro, stingray-63, Al, silvertriple, jord001

Last edit: by 1972 LeMansGT Jim.

1972 LeMans GT Jim's Brushless Blockhead build 2 years 4 months ago #69872

Nice...
The motor... I will need to do something for those cables. That and the toyish lights...

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, jord001

1972 LeMans GT Jim's Brushless Blockhead build 2 years 4 months ago #69873

Yesss horrrrrriiiiiible lights😂.

1972 LeMans GT Jim's Brushless Blockhead build 2 years 4 months ago #69874

LOL, the more I look at them the more I am convinced something needs to be done.......................

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.