Keyword

TOPIC:

Re: KING BLACK FOOT HOP-UP! 11 years 6 months ago #13804

Hey guys,

Thanks for the feedback - all very useful stuff. The 12x2T motor was intended for my TL01 but it's just sat in a box as I thought it was a 24t motor and I didn't see the point in taking out the 17T motor already init.

Now that I know the 12x2T motor is a 12T I think I'll put that in the KBF once I find a suitable ESC. Depending how that goes I might put in my Venom Fireball 17T motor out of the TL01. What exactly are these cheap chinese ESC's that can handle my 12x2T motor? or can anybody recommend an ESC for the 12x2? Not really concered about budget for the ESC given that I have the motors and they were pretty cheap.

Soon (in a couple of months or so) I'll have x2 KBF's up and running, so I intend to race them against each other with mates (they will both be of similar spec). That's the thing with this RC BUG, once you get it, it can be pretty addictive!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: KING BLACK FOOT HOP-UP! 11 years 6 months ago #13805

The TEU-106BK is a dual motor speed controller.

Yes, I know it's in my dual motor vintage bull head - I just didn't realise I needed a 2.4GHz transmitter/receiver. In future I'll restrict my post's to the one RC car/truck. But my point is I often buy stuff online without really knowing too much about the technical details of what I'm buying. Right now the KBF has got a pretty standard mTronicks ESC. Hence my request for links/model numbers etc - makes me sound lazy I know - but I'm not, I just have a habit of buying the wrong items I was intending on buying!

Last edit: by BISH1979.

Re: KING BLACK FOOT HOP-UP! 11 years 6 months ago #13806

I'll leave the advice on the motor to the guys that have actually run this chassis. ;)
Hop up in the manual is a Sports Tuned at least...

12x2 Turn (so I'm guessing it's 24 turn)

Still a 12T - it's just that every winding is double. Giving some more speed and less torque.

the ESC will only work with a 2.4GHz TX/RX

This I've actually never heard of... :huh:

So, maybe i'm not a complete numpty when it comes to buying stuff online and this could have happened to more experienced Tamiya followers! The specification here (www.tamiyausa.c...t-id=45054) suggests it can be used with a wide range of receivers, however the instructions that came with it (NIB) specifically state that it will only work with 2.4GHz receivers - which I wasn't really planning on buying as I prefer to keep things old scool (27-40MHz). That will teach me for buying the first compatible dual motor ESC that ebay brings up. More research in future...oh, that's why I made this post in the first instance :lol:

Re: KING BLACK FOOT HOP-UP! 11 years 6 months ago #13809

can you post a picture of the manual that says 2.4 only, sounds kind of funny.

Re: KING BLACK FOOT HOP-UP! 11 years 6 months ago #13816

can you post a picture of the manual that says 2.4 only, sounds kind of funny.

Yeah sure, will do in in the next couple of days, currently working 200 miles away from home.

Re: KING BLACK FOOT HOP-UP! 11 years 6 months ago #13834

I'd personally say the 12x2 won't work that well in a big wheel/heavy truck, it would be better in the TL01, where it can rev out like it will want to.
I'll also suggest the 17t might also be a little lacking in grunt for the KBF too, unless you can gear it down a bit (Smaller pinion, bigger counter gear, so the motor can rev out to where it's making usable power).

As a comparison, I had a 17t in my HSP & all it did was make the battery hot, it's actually much quicker with the 27t Epic in it. The same 17t in my TL was entertainingly lively, without being totally mental

Re: KING BLACK FOOT HOP-UP! 11 years 6 months ago #13841

Strange why I need to prove this point (I can read instructions; I'm just a bit 'simple' when making impulse purchases'...but strange as it sounds please see the pic attached. And to prove this my 2.4GHz system arrived today and everything works fine :) but this ESC will not work with any of my three (acomos and tamiya) 27MHz TX/RX kits or to my two (acoms) 40MHz kits!

So although the attached says compatible with 2.4GHz, it should say 'ONLY COMPATIBLE WITH 2.4GHz' as my simple process of elimination has proved.

Either that or it just doesn't like my 5 old schools transmitters / receivers which all work fine with my others cars (with ESC's).
Attachments:

Last edit: by BISH1979. Reason: Photo wouldn't upload from my Phone!

Re: KING BLACK FOOT HOP-UP! 11 years 6 months ago #13844

Interesting, I thought less turns would immediately equal more speed (as was the case with my TL01 when I put the 17 turn motor init).

Before I go buying any more kit I think I'll try both motors in the KBF to see how they get on. If I'm still not happy then I'll prob just put a sport tuned in the KBF, and put the 12x2 in the TL01.

Re: KING BLACK FOOT HOP-UP! 11 years 6 months ago #13845

Strange why I need to prove this point

Maybe we're just curious by nature on how it was stated exactly. ;)
Your troubleshooting seems to indeed indicate it can only handle 2.4GHz.
Still I can't help wondering if there might be another possible reason.
It's just generally odd - and there's nothing else I can find about it on line...

Re: KING BLACK FOOT HOP-UP! 11 years 6 months ago #13846

Yeah, I understand the curiosity - afterall common sense would say that new kit would be backwards compatible with the mass of kit using lower frequencies. I wouldn't have bought it if I'd have know I would have to buy new 2.4Ghz TX/RX when I already have more than enough of the older kit :cry:

Thinking of buying one of the following ESC's to support the 12x2T Motor (either in the King or TL01 depending how well it works in the King of course!).

Last edit: by Edou. Reason: eBay widgets inserted ;-)
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.