Keyword

TOPIC:

Re: 58087 Manta Ray Resto from 1990 11 years 4 months ago #17512

Ah, now i can send the ESC back to them and get the money back! Very good. Now i can concentrate on the BL :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by funkindemup.

Re: 58087 Manta Ray Resto from 1990 11 years 4 months ago #17513

If it were up to me...

www.tamico.de/C...ack-906117

They have a nice set by Team Orion too but this one has the advantage it's sensored (better at low speeds).

:woohoo:

Re: 58087 Manta Ray Resto from 1990 11 years 4 months ago #17514

What is it about this setup-card? As you know, i don't have a clue about brushless yet. ;)
For e.g. this 16T has about 18k rpm. It's the same ratio as my 540sport tuned. But what i think, it has more power/torque and i can use it with a different gear ratio than the 540S. Also i can drive longer with the same accu. Is there more different?

Last edit: by funkindemup.

Re: 58087 Manta Ray Resto from 1990 11 years 4 months ago #17515

I only know brushless sets theoretically - I just like brushed motors a lot.
Wouldn't mind having such a black Carson though.

B)

A setup card will be unavoidable to use. You can change things like the "punch" you want delivered...
Don't know what else exactly because I haven't ever done it myself. :blush:
But I'm sure you'll get the hang of it...

But what i think, it has more power/torque and i can use it with a different gear ratio than the 540S. Also i can drive longer with the same accu. Is there more different?

You are right for the first part. :y:
Not sure if the battery'll last longer because the setup draws more current than a Sport Tuned...
Even if the rpm is about the same as the 540S, in practice it'll be (much) faster.
Brushless motors are more efficient and have a lot more strength...
The total power delivered is about double compared to the Sport Tuned.
But they have other sets with less turns at Tamico too if you want to go that way.
Thought I'd link to the one that was on the safe side.

;)

When going brushless, going Lipo as well will make a huge difference in the car's performance btw...

Re: 58087 Manta Ray Resto from 1990 11 years 4 months ago #17516

Setup cards let you change motor/esc performance parameters - I had a quick look at the manual for the "dragster" setup & the parameters seem to be battery type/low voltage cut off, ESC mode (forwards only "race" or forward/reverse), brake peformance %, drag brake % (engine braking), and neutral range ...

However, it doesn't have some other parameters I would expect it to have: timing (more advance = more power in one direction, less in the other), motor direction (so you can have advanced timing & have the motor spinning the correct way for your car); and "punch" (how aggressive the acceleration is) :(
The following user(s) Liked this: funkindemup

Re: 58087 Manta Ray Resto from 1990 11 years 4 months ago #17518

Good thing you had a look, Jonny. Those are actually parameters you'd want control over...
Too bad it has that disadvantage.

Re: 58087 Manta Ray Resto from 1990 11 years 4 months ago #17520

I'm currently thinking about the statements from kontemax at tamiyaclub www.tamiyaclub....6245&id=24

The red gear box is thicker than the black one? Also the stabilizer at the rear box is nice. And the RW Racing parts are also nice.
I'm thinking about recoloring the MR Body. Completely white with transparent Cockpit, maybe with a racer-model in it :) Adding some special stickers. Own car-number and something else.

Now first i'm sending back the old beeeeeeeeeeeep-ESC ;)

Re: 58087 Manta Ray Resto from 1990 11 years 4 months ago #17522

Had a day in the shed yesterday, a set of 6 mounting thingies took 2hrs (+ setting-up), so realistically they should have a 40gbp pricetag to be worth doing, & I guess nobody would pay that for them! I've done 2x sets of these for now, but could do more if there's any interest.

What I'll do for now, for the first set, is put them up for "auction" to the highest bidder, proceeds to go towards running of the site (Postage would be additional, paid to me at whatever it costs me).
If those "in charge" agree, I'll start a new topic for said "auction" so that everyone gets a chance at them - Edou, Lars, let me know what you think.

Trying to add a pic, but it's not letting me, guess I'll have to wait until it's proper fixed!

First, sorry for being late here... I'll blame my wife, she's left for three weeks i China, left me with the kids... :blink:
Anyway, It's very nice of you to offer donations to the running of the site, I almost get embarrassed. :blush:
Auctions are fine by me, as long as they run in the "For Sale" section, and it's highlighted that TamiyaBase(me) has nothing to do with the outcome or any problem solving after the auction.

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Re: 58087 Manta Ray Resto from 1990 11 years 4 months ago #17530

Cheers Lars! Can someone let me know when the image loading is back to normal & I'll start a new topic with a pic in the trades section

Re: 58087 Manta Ray Resto from 1990 11 years 4 months ago #17543

which diameter has the small ball bearing for the manta ray? At the gear box or at the steering of carbon deck.

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.134 seconds