Keyword

TOPIC:

Monster Beetle Rebuild 10 years 11 months ago #22005

Cool build. :)

Way to go whoever put it together earlier - tiewrapping the wires to the motor. :whistle:

Yes i thought that was a little strange too :laugh: :silly:

probabaly wont re-use the technigold if anyone has any of the bits i need ill trade it out if you can use it i have spun it up with a battery and it sounds good

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Monster Beetle Rebuild 10 years 11 months ago #22008

Cool build. :)

Way to go whoever put it together earlier - tiewrapping the wires to the motor. :whistle:

Yes i thought that was a little strange too :laugh: :silly: ...

IDK about the MB, but that's definitely in the manual for some other cars (Lunchbox, etc?) to stop the motor wires getting caught up in big rear tyres :blush:

Monster Beetle Rebuild 10 years 11 months ago #22040

Thought id dig out the de-solv-it grafitti remover tonight as i was bored two hours and three coats later between tea breaks:

i have found it also desolves glue (from around the sunroof mounting) came off like rubber afterwards which has saved me a job :y:

ordered some re release rear arms tonight slowly picking up the bits i need but the J parts i need seem quite hard to find so it looks like it will need to be a used set which can be risky as it seems they are prone in this area probably end up buying another cracked set :silly: :side: :pinch:

Checked the manual but it doesnt show cable tieing the motor wires down anywhere in it :huh:
Attachments:

Last edit: by tamiya nut.

Monster Beetle Rebuild 10 years 11 months ago #22043

:woohoo: I need de-solv-it grafitti . very nice body

Monster Beetle Rebuild 10 years 11 months ago #22047

seriously good stuff cannot rate it high enough so easy no work involved :y:

Monster Beetle Rebuild 10 years 10 months ago #22104

Looking at the body again tonight wanted to repair two small hairline cracks in the circled areas where the impact has transferred from the nose cone through to the shell. I have ordered a blitzer nose cone as the original was too far gone. Any suggestions on what glue i should be using on this epoxy resin doesnt seem to be working well it keeps seperating?

Cheers

Attachments:

Monster Beetle Rebuild 10 years 10 months ago #22107

is this stuff suitable? JR what do you normally use on your resto's?

Attachments:

Monster Beetle Rebuild 10 years 10 months ago #22108

I might be interested in your old Beetle nose cose for my Scorcher. I think it is going to be "rat look", so condition is not so important. Might be able to swap for something?

Last edit: by Martin Bell.

Monster Beetle Rebuild 10 years 10 months ago #22109

by too far gone i mean it had a crack that ran from the side under both headlights and stopped like an inch from the other side it was nearly in two pieces really badly damaged. i had to cut it to remove the licence plate for my new one..sorry

Monster Beetle Rebuild 10 years 10 months ago #22114

I use regular plastic kit poly glue, like this:

The following user(s) Liked this: Edou

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.