Keyword

TOPIC:

UT's Buggies 6 years 10 months ago #44419

Nice stuffs Tomas. Has the tamiya brushless realy more power?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

UT's Buggies 6 years 10 months ago #44420

Then I also got this ($29):
I've not yet tried it, I was hoping that someone here could warn me if this noname chinese brushless motor is anything but as good as the Tamiya original product. Anyway I'll find out soon enough.

I found very similar looking motors being listed as "Monster Tronic" and/or "Monstertronic", not overly inspiring, but not quite as bad as the short lived (both in terms of the brand not existing for more than a couple of months, and the motors reputedly self destructing quickly, sometime straight out of the box) "Bullistorm" brand ...

From the spec I'd expect slightly less overall rpm than the 16T Tamiya motor - but a lot more torque, the .5 usually indicating a larger "540 size" rotor, whereas whole numbers generally indicate a smaller "380 size" rotor (in a full size case).

Potentially it could propel an RC vehicle a lot faster as it could/should have the oomph to cope with taller gearing (larger pinion), but you'd have to experiment... or could produce as much speed in a bigger/heavier vehicle.

:)

UT's Buggies 6 years 10 months ago #44424

Nice score on the brushless. If you think the tamiya is quick I bet the Chinese can is way faster. In my experience the no name stuff is insane. I have 2 a979b 540 motors and they make the torque tuned look like a toy. And if you run a lipo your burst will be more efficient and you'll get even more power and speed. And they will run way cooler.

Keep us posted. I'm going full brushless with a huge lipo in the m06! I think worth it for low maintenance alone. I hate having to wash my motors each week. My wife hates it even more !

My 118 scale monster truck will do 80 kmh on a stock Chinese 540 with a 1500 mah lipo. It's almost uncontrollable ...
Keep the rubber on the road! PM me with any Alfa Romeo bodies!!!

Last edit: by BCM06.

UT's Buggies 6 years 10 months ago #44425

These right here. Mxfans also used to have 6 dollar tire and rim combos but I ordered 25 pair and they doubled the price to 11.

www.amazon.ca/g...a979+motor

They have a built in fan so they stay very very cool.

UT's Buggies 6 years 10 months ago #44433

Thanks guys. One thing is certain; batteries last much longer powering a brushless motor. I'll be testing my blue noname 17.5T later this week.

It seems the brushless motor is much quicker, and it makes this special almost whistling sound.

80 kmh (.. wow! really?) isn't quite my ambition. The speeds my rally cars run at out of the box is more than enough. As mentioned they become uncontrollable when speed gets too high. If I have no control I have no fun.

Oh... I think I need another TT-01E chassi for my new body. A somewhat lower and stiffer configuration, and fitting rims.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, BCM06

Last edit: by uncletom.

UT's Buggies 6 years 10 months ago #44436

Oh ferrari 458 eh... I'm eyeing the f12s.... what colour are you thinking?

And yes 80 km. Google wltoys a979b complete ready to run that does 70kmh stock outta the box. I was amazed and befuddled and had to have one for the price (under 100 dollars shipped).

UT's Buggies 6 years 10 months ago #44446

Color: Tamiya's "Ferrari Red" ofcourse.

80 km.. it's really insane. Yes, there's the big wow-factor about it, but consider the gears and joints, they're burning before you even hit half speed.

UT's Buggies 6 years 10 months ago #44448

Grrrrrr. Not red Tomas. Yellow! Red is the alfa romeo color Enzo robed the alfa red. His color is yellow. :D
Or metal purple ;)
I painted my son's Enzo, Enzo, in purple. It looks nice.....

Last edit: by stingray-63.

UT's Buggies 6 years 10 months ago #44452

All the gears and joints are metal and even at full head ons she's ok. Google it they are made for bashing. I've got mine up for sale as the wow factor is just not really there for me at that smaller scale. Really impressed with it and can't fault it for the price but I'm really digging the larger scale and a979b was a great gateway back into the hobby.

Red is always a good choice and I really like the 458s in the light and dark blue that ferrari offers they look sharp. Awaiting to see what you create.
Attachments:

UT's Buggies 6 years 10 months ago #44453

:woohoo: dark blue!!!!!!!

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.278 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.