Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Vintage or re-re 6 years 3 months ago #47707

Boomerang, Can anyone tell me how to definitively tell a re-re from an original?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Vintage or re-re 6 years 3 months ago #47712

Boomerang, Can anyone tell me how to definitively tell a re-re from an original?

I don't know that anyone has done a side by side comparision ... I know the re-release bumper has extra recycling information & part reference numbers etc on it.

I did find a reference (unconfirmed) to the front steering knuckles being revised, other than that I suspect the differences are quite subtle, like losing the Valvoline decal & the motor in the re-re being a more modern version of the silvercan, and of course an ESC (or nothing, depending on country) rather than the MSC.

www.tamiyabase....8#original says the "R" parts spue is different.

:)

Vintage or re-re 6 years 3 months ago #47713

Tamiya blurb also states

Tamiya designers have given this re-released Boomerang a makeover replacing older, harder to assemble parts with modern equivalents, but still keeping true to the spirit of the original Boomerang.
The combination of these new improvements such as more efficient gear box, drive shafts and axle joints along with the new placement of the drive shaft gives the Boomerang improved steering control and helps to minimise the effects of shocks.

Vintage or re-re 6 years 3 months ago #47720

Found this in the Database:

All i need to know now is how ya tell the difference between a supersabre(boomerang chassis) and a boomerang chassis :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:
Attachments:

Vintage or re-re 6 years 3 months ago #47724

On yours, the sponsors look vintage but blue parts look a too deep blue. I don't remind me if dogbones are différents.

Vintage or re-re 6 years 3 months ago #47726

Digging into a manual of each I’ve come up with this about dogbones, would appear rere has a band round middle of shaft, well according to these pics:

Original 58055

Re-re 58418

Off to check the dogbones on mine now :y:
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Vintage or re-re 6 years 3 months ago #47727

And these are from the database under the parts section

This would seem to confirm the difference
Attachments:

Vintage or re-re 6 years 3 months ago #47728

Beginning to wonder if I have an original
Only one bit of writing on the bunmper, and no band on the shafts
Has anyone got a rere boomer that would confirm this band theory?

Vintage or re-re 6 years 3 months ago #47729

Good! Inspector Columbo. ;)

Vintage or re-re 6 years 3 months ago #47730

Good! Inspector Columbo. ;)

It would be nice if someone could confirm the band on dogbones on a re re 85418 just to make sure :y:
Its hard to tell from the pics Flo, There is a difference in the blue colours, the four uprights and rear shock support are a slightly lighter blue than the rollbar, battery retainers and the sway bar plastics
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.135 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.