Keyword

TOPIC:

Blackfoot restoration (58058) 5 years 11 months ago #50136

Time at last for the MCI decals, and see if the red painted areas had the desired effect around the CUSTOM 150 lettering on the wings, personally I’m I’m quite happy with the end result, if I was to redo it again the only thing I would change would be using white primer under the red area as it could do with being a slightly brighter red
You will have to excuse the roof, it can’t be seen in a box art pose, so I took liberties haha :)

The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro, stingray-63

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by goldfish999.

Blackfoot restoration (58058) 5 years 11 months ago #50137

Perfect my friend. I love it.

Blackfoot restoration (58058) 5 years 11 months ago #50138

Came out very well :y: B)

Blackfoot restoration (58058) 5 years 11 months ago #50145

Really nice body, looks shiny
Proud owner of the Bruiser Family

Blackfoot restoration (58058) 5 years 11 months ago #50239

Well I can’t put it off any more, the scary part of painting the grill boxart, many thanks to Jonny for his post the other day mentioning Kyosho 0.7mm tape and 3M 3mm tape, I purchased both straight away haha, so it took a bit longer than expected but finally have the grill masked up, I just hope the paint job matches how good the masking looks :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Blackfoot restoration (58058) 5 years 11 months ago #50240

I've never used the Kyosho tape for masking, only for pinstriping/edging, so I'd be interested in seeing how it holds up :)

The only masking I've done on Blackfoot/Ranger type grilles was for the body colour strip above the bumper - even then I've only done it once, on my RV, comparing that with not doing it on my fake Ranger, I probably ought to pull it apart and do it as it does look better done. Black bits I've only ever done with a brush.

This looks pretty ambitious - good luck with it :)

Blackfoot restoration (58058) 5 years 11 months ago #50250

Well it came out rather well, I took the masking off while the paint was still fresh, which allowed me to clean away any overspray quite easily with a cotton bud (cue tip) and some isopropyl alcohol, the finished result :y:

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro

Blackfoot restoration (58058) 5 years 11 months ago #50262

I've never used the Kyosho tape for masking, only for pinstriping/edging, so I'd be interested in seeing how it holds up :)

The only masking I've done on Blackfoot/Ranger type grilles was for the body colour strip above the bumper - even then I've only done it once, on my RV, comparing that with not doing it on my fake Ranger, I probably ought to pull it apart and do it as it does look better done. Black bits I've only ever done with a brush.

This looks pretty ambitious - good luck with it :)

The kyosho pinstripe did ok in a fashion, I think if it was on a flat surface you would get a lot of feathering under it and not a straight line as the glue along the edge is weak and not regular enough
As for the body line under the grill I had not noticed that before, so it’s back to some more masking up for that, not sure wether to say thank you or d@mn you Jonny :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Last edit: by goldfish999.

Blackfoot restoration (58058) 5 years 11 months ago #50419

After a little bit more painting little bits and fitting windows it is done (well apart from Ronnie, I’m saving drivers for another day once my painting skills have matured a bit)
Hope you all enjoy the end result, I know I am very happy with it even tho not perfect by any means, but shaky hands and poor eyes limit me :(

Blackfoot restoration (58058) 5 years 11 months ago #50420

A few of the body on its chassis :) :) :)
It is now complete yayyyy :y:

The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro, stingray-63, Oldtimer50

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.