Keyword

TOPIC:

GtoddC5's 58056 Rise of the Crusty Falcons / It Takes 2 to Make a Thing Go Right 1 year 2 months ago #74361

Todd you can see that it has a Johnson motor. Except bearings and the resto of the front and a tbg body and mci decals, it is out of box

Please Log in to join the conversation.

GtoddC5's 58056 Rise of the Crusty Falcons / It Takes 2 to Make a Thing Go Right 1 year 2 months ago #74362

Todd you can see that it has a Johnson motor. Except bearings and the resto of the front and a tbg body and mci decals, it is out of box

Awesome, thanks! And no BEC wires I see. I look forward to getting started on my Keeper Falcon 

Today I'll get the MSC cleaned up and installed in the Survivor Falcon, then maybe start on Keeper since I'll be at a stand-still waiting for the body and decals to arrive.
IG_tamiyaddiction
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

GtoddC5's 58056 Rise of the Crusty Falcons / It Takes 2 to Make a Thing Go Right 1 year 2 months ago #74363

More work on the Survivor Falcon. I got the MSC cleaned up, but need to add some switch lubricant when it arrives. I've been out of the game so long I forgot all about the stuff, lol. Right after this pic I bench tested everything before I unplugged the battery, and it works great.

I decided to swap out all the radio gear first, from the Airtronics Vector set to a Futaba Magnum Sport set that actually came with the other Falcon. I kinda like the Airtronics Vector and want to save it for something else I'll keep.  

Still no sign of the TBG / MCI shipment, but I have plenty to keep me busy.

IG_tamiyaddiction
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, AndyAus, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

Last edit: by GToddC5.

GtoddC5's 58056 Rise of the Crusty Falcons / It Takes 2 to Make a Thing Go Right 1 year 1 month ago #74376

It dawned on me last night (while waiting patiently (not!) for an auction to end on a certain incredible Road Wizard that I hope to be sharing with you within a week), that how can I be building a Survivor Falcon and planning to use a brand new TBG body with MCI decals?!? The fact I only ordered one set while I'm building TWO Falcons should have tipped me off - something must not have felt right within. SO, I went into the cardboard box where 3 worn out Falcon bodies reside before getting tossed, and I think one of them is worthy of some touchups and detailing! It just makes sense to present this Survivor with an original body that truly survived all these years. The other two bodies are too far gone, and not one of them was painted to box art. Oh well, this was someone's vision at some point, and I think I can make it presentable for the purpose, and use the new stuff for my Keeper build when it gets here. So, here's a few pics after a mild scrubbing in the sink. The next pics should be cleaned up a bit more with paint touchups, light pods and a driver that was never painted. This one was even painted by brush!

IG_tamiyaddiction
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko, silvertriple

Last edit: by GToddC5.

GtoddC5's 58056 Rise of the Crusty Falcons / It Takes 2 to Make a Thing Go Right 1 year 1 month ago #74377

It looks nice for a survivor.
The following user(s) Liked this: GToddC5

GtoddC5's 58056 Rise of the Crusty Falcons / It Takes 2 to Make a Thing Go Right 1 year 1 month ago #74379

I've seen worse.
Mine was nearly broken at the roof above the shock hoop cut out. I've used fibreglass tape and Hudy bodyfix to make it rigd.
And I did a touch up where the paint were missing.

Good enough for a survivor.

GtoddC5's 58056 Rise of the Crusty Falcons / It Takes 2 to Make a Thing Go Right 1 year 1 month ago #74381

I would wear these battle scars with pride

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.174 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.