Keyword

TOPIC:

Re: 58016 Scorcher rebuild 12 years 7 months ago #2847

Great pics and gorceous results with every post! :)

If we had awards for threads on TB, I'd nominate this one. ;) :silly:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Edou.

Re: 58016 Scorcher rebuild 12 years 7 months ago #2849

Thanks very much Edou, glad you like it. It's been heaps of fun restoring this one. The stickers are repo apart from the Jackman Wheels stickers and the little red car between the headlights as they were not there and incorrect size on the repo sheet I had. For those, I dipped them in metho which stuck them about 80% I think and the clear coat over the top should seal them in place well. I wasnt game to try using glues on the original stickers that had lost thier stickyness for fear of mucking up the paint. Will put up a few more pics once the final bits and pieces are done.

Re: 58016 Scorcher rebuild 12 years 7 months ago #2850

Looks great - nice & shiny :D
The following user(s) Liked this: sjh70

Re: 58016 Scorcher rebuild 12 years 7 months ago #2948

Good day sjh70
I must compliment you on a job very well done!!!!
The finish you achieved after the decals and clear coat is great. Can't wait to see the detailed body on the chassis.
Cheers,
Marius
The following user(s) Liked this: sjh70

Last edit: by full throttle. Reason: rule 6 "6

Re: 58016 Scorcher rebuild 12 years 7 months ago #2962

Thanks for all the positive comments. Here it is FINISHED. I would like to find a box art front cage type bumper and get rid of the ugly one it has at the moment. Now I have 3 of the 4 SRB Chassis cars. Told myself I wasnt going to worry about the F150 Ranger I am missing but who am I kidding, I just know I will look for one soon... Really impressed with the original window. It cleaned up really well with car polish. Removed about 99% of the yellowing and most of the scratches too.
Attachments:

Re: 58016 Scorcher rebuild 12 years 7 months ago #2963

One of the best Scorcher restorations I have seen,you must be pleased.

Re: 58016 Scorcher rebuild 12 years 7 months ago #2964

Thanks mate, Yes really pleased. My Super Champ was my favourite of my collection but I think it has been outdone by this little scorcher.

Re: 58016 Scorcher rebuild 12 years 7 months ago #2966

What more can I say really? Brilliant result. Quite impressed by this beauty. B) :ohmy:

Last edit: by Edou.

Re: 58016 Scorcher rebuild 12 years 7 months ago #2968

We need to see high res pictures of this nice Scorcher uploaded in the Gallery :cheer: ;)

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Re: 58016 Scorcher rebuild 12 years 7 months ago #2976

Ok, I'll try and upload some better pictures to the gallery.

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.