Keyword

TOPIC:

Re: 58016 Scorcher rebuild 12 years 7 months ago #2742

Awesome job on the paint. The driver's eyes look psycho :blink: I'd be scared to death if I had to race him...:laugh:

He's certainly focused on winning! :laugh:
Great job on the details. B)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Edou.

Re: 58016 Scorcher rebuild 12 years 7 months ago #2743

Yes he was a bit scary looking so I enlarged his pupils just a tiny bit. He looks more dopey now but he's still on a mission to win! Painting the body tomorrow...

Re: 58016 Scorcher rebuild 12 years 7 months ago #2748

Yes he was a bit scary looking so I enlarged his pupils just a tiny bit. He looks more dopey now but he's still on a mission to win! Painting the body tomorrow...

Maybe it's just me, but he looks more like he's having some naughty thoughts ... "... Carrie Fisher ... metal bikini .... Rrrrggggellle!" :D :silly:

Re: 58016 Scorcher rebuild 12 years 7 months ago #2777

Sounds like I have created a monster. He might need some shades...

Last edit: by sjh70. Reason: doubled up info

Re: 58016 Scorcher rebuild 12 years 7 months ago #2780

Ok had to use a reissue radio box and servo saver as the original box was too ugly to use in what should be a very tidy Scorcher and servo saver was missing. I'll keep an eye out for some nice originals in the future but theres no hurry. Got the original MSC working again, original battery holds a charge for a couple of minutes which is all it needs as it will NEVER be driven (with the body shell on anyway) and A set of mint original rims gave up life in a box to be here as well. Blasted all the diecast parts at work with a very fine oxide powder that seems to do the job. Leaves no pitting and cleans it up to look like brand new. Coming along nicely

Re: 58016 Scorcher rebuild 12 years 7 months ago #2787

Looks more than brand new. Picture perfect. Great job.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: sjh70

Re: 58016 Scorcher rebuild 12 years 7 months ago #2799

Can't wait to see how the body turns out btw. B)
And I envy all the sunshine in your pictures! :lol:

Re: 58016 Scorcher rebuild 12 years 7 months ago #2806

The paint is half way done and looking amazing already. Will put pictures up when it's done. As for the sunshine, I live in Queensland, Australia. Consider myself very lucky too.

Re: 58016 Scorcher rebuild 12 years 7 months ago #2819

Heres the blue and white done. Just need to wait a day or so and apply the stickers and a few coats of clear over the top. Very happy with how it's turning out.

Reattached the pictures. Fake path was showing.
Attachments:

Last edit: by Edou. Reason: see comment

Re: 58016 Scorcher rebuild 12 years 7 months ago #2844

Stickers and clear coat finished. Looking awesome!!! That clear coat sure brings it to life... Just have to apply the black around the windows and put the little pieces on and it is done.
Attachments:

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.