Keyword

TOPIC:

vintage grasshopper rebuild 12 years 7 months ago #2802

sorting out my attic the other day i found my old grasshopper, must have been up there 15 years or more. so i decided to drag it down and get it running again.
body shell was bust, the front bumper missing, MSC in a bad way, plus the steering was all broke. still had the original transmitter with the little battery meter.

bought a new msc, steering repair kit and robbed a battery from my rc boat. new batteries in the transmitter and off it went!
so i decided to spend some money. new body shell and driver, full steering repair kit, including new springs,bushes,bearings etc.
then we got chatting!!!!!! on the new members forum about upgrading it to ESC so.........ebay here i went and got one on its way.
look at the technical section for the story.
will post up more info and pics as things progress

Please Log in to join the conversation.

vintage grasshopper rebuild 12 years 7 months ago #2828

ESC turned up today. super fast delivery!!!!! all wired up and working. will post up a pic when i work out the best way to position it and tidy up the wires

vintage grasshopper rebuild 12 years 7 months ago #2860

ESC all fitted and looking much tidier. runs well, just takes a bit of getting used to the reverse/brake feature.

vintage grasshopper rebuild 12 years 7 months ago #2867

Looks much slicker! B)

Are you leaving the resistor on? That could also be taken off...

vintage grasshopper rebuild 12 years 7 months ago #2868

Looks much slicker! B)

Are you leaving the resistor on? That could also be taken off...

i have removed the resistor, just left the little chrome cover there cuz it looks quite cool and retro, plus it fills the gap in the rear

vintage grasshopper rebuild 12 years 7 months ago #2870

Nice dude, how are the tires? Are they all cracked or still good? And what are you doing about a body?

vintage grasshopper rebuild 12 years 7 months ago #2873

Nice dude, how are the tires? Are they all cracked or still good? And what are you doing about a body?

the rear tires are good, the fronts could do with replacing,when i have the money.
i have a new body shell and its going to stay white, with black detailing. i dont want a full on original replica, i like my projects to be personalized.

vintage grasshopper rebuild 12 years 7 months ago #2874

I agree with you there. I also like tailoring my RC models to my needs and likes.

vintage grasshopper rebuild 12 years 7 months ago #2876

I agree with you there. I also like tailoring my RC models to my needs and likes.[/quote
i do like the original restorations but i like to make it how i like it, same as my rc boat.
i have a boat,grasshopper,hovercraft, mini cooper,motorcycle (in my living room!) all black and white, i love the simplicity of the colours and they look soooooo good.
i even have a black and white cat lol

vintage grasshopper rebuild 12 years 7 months ago #2883

I for one wouldn't mind hearing about the other RC stuff. Or even the cat because they're the coolest creatures. :laugh:
The bottom section on the forum is for "anything else" you'd like to share besides vintage Tamiya cars. :cheer:

And I can appreciate the vintage look you left on the car with the resistor shell.
I left it out with my Manta Ray and even closed the gap in the body... but I left the sticker with "Caution hot!" on it.

:pinch:

Last edit: by Edou.
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.158 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.