Keyword

TOPIC:

2012 re-re Bruiser & HG P407 clone builds 1 year 9 months ago #71999

No photos, but I have made a bit of progress on this - assembled a 4x4 driver figure, dismantled, dusted & rubbed down the bodywork, scraped the dashboard decals off the interior, and and primed everything in grey or white :)

IIRC I was going to paint this blue, I think I may have been planning a custom colour, but I have some Ford Maritime Blue that's very close to what I was thinking, and rattlecans are so much easier than airbrushing a larger body like this. I still haven't tried out my baby HVLP gun, but this doesn't seem like the place to try it. 
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

2012 re-re Bruiser & HG P407 clone builds 1 year 9 months ago #72003

Just got a Hilux High lift and have custom decals on the way from Nathaneal at MCI. I am doing some tan/brown based scheme.

Can't wait to see yours Johnny.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

2012 re-re Bruiser & HG P407 clone builds 1 year 9 months ago #72014

Ford Maritime Blue on (it's a bit darker and less dusky than the pic suggests), harden for 24H, sand off the thunderflies ...

It's now in the shed outgassing a heavy coat of clear :)
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Ducksnuts

2012 re-re Bruiser & HG P407 clone builds 1 year 9 months ago #72063

Clear on, much shinier but will need a polish :)

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, AndyAus, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Ducksnuts

2012 re-re Bruiser & HG P407 clone builds 1 year 7 months ago #72506

Having done nothing on the HG P407 kit in the best part of two months, the only logical thing to do was buy another one when it came up cheap(ish) on eBay.

I really did intend to keep if for stock, thinking I wanted to try another farm machinery build and this would be a better chassis choice than another CC-01, and that I could sell the bodywork on, later. 

The PO was planning a Mountaineer/Mountain Rider clone, going as far as sourcing proper Tamiya "glass" (with a rear window) and decals, TBH I was partially swayed by that, but mostly by it being much easier to a find bit of shelf/ storage for a built vehicle than trying to Tetris the enormous box - or anything at all - into the stash space ...

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

2012 re-re Bruiser & HG P407 clone builds 1 year 7 months ago #72507

First order of business, prep the body for paint. The rear bed had something weird on it, more like actual mould spots than mould release, I was careful to do that last to avoid cross contamination ... it came off easily & there wasn't any reaction to the primer or paint. I've assembled & primed a 4x4 driver figure, an the front panel & steering wheel have been primed & spray satin black. I've primered & sprayed the interior in Ford Coral Beige as a base.

I've used Citroen Wicked Red (ou Rouge Lucifer en Francais) a couple of times before but no longer have those cars, so it seemed like a good choice here.

I'm hoping to get the Clear on tomorrow before the forecast 2 weeks of rain arrive. I'll believe that when I see it, it's only rained once here since March ...

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

2012 re-re Bruiser & HG P407 clone builds 1 year 7 months ago #72510

Yeahhhh my citroen c4 vts was rouge lucifer. But maybe the picture effect, she was darker . More like my mountaineer. A little darker to.
can't wait to see your bruiser.
The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim

2012 re-re Bruiser & HG P407 clone builds 1 year 7 months ago #72511

All I needed from Tamiya was the roll bar to make a realistic P407.
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro, stingray-63, Al

Last edit: by 1972 LeMansGT Jim.

2012 re-re Bruiser & HG P407 clone builds 1 year 7 months ago #72512

I have a big doubt about my body but it does the joke.
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

2012 re-re Bruiser & HG P407 clone builds 1 year 7 months ago #72513

It's a Renault cherry red .
The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.