Keyword

TOPIC:

2012 re-re Bruiser & HG P407 clone builds 2 years 3 months ago #70071

The clod is mythic richard. But takes lot of space 
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2012 re-re Bruiser & HG P407 clone builds 2 years 3 months ago #70076

I think a Bruiser clone would beat not having a 3 speed at all, or a High Lift. Sorry, never liked the the look of them :(

I don't think I'd choose a genuine 3 speed over a Clod, they're are very different beasts but the Clod wins on sheer lunacy, and on price.

Clod or Bruiser clone, that's more difficult, but I'd have to go with the Clod.

I tend to judge size on whether it will go in an Ikea Detolf cabinet, sit on top of it, or need special accommodations.  A Clod will sit on top, so it's only a "medium" sized RC ;)

:)

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001

2012 re-re Bruiser & HG P407 clone builds 2 years 3 months ago #70077

Been thinking about the graphics for this, starting with blue tape to give the broad outlines, then transferring it to paper to scan in & check the widths & angles ... there's so much wrong, but I think the first two stripes on the bonnet are the right width & angle, they just need to be a 1/2" further towards the windscreen

The front wing is a bit wrong in comparison, the angle has go a bit flatter, and could finish a lot earlier, avoiding the raised badge area altogether.

The rear wing angles have really drifted, and again could finish a lot further forward.

:)

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, silvertriple, jord001, Ducksnuts

2012 re-re Bruiser & HG P407 clone builds 2 years 3 months ago #70078

Pretty nice Jonny. 👏

2012 re-re Bruiser & HG P407 clone builds 2 years 3 months ago #70079

The clod is funnier than a 3 speed and more than a hilift. But the design of the 3 speed chassis is awesome.
The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim, jord001

2012 re-re Bruiser & HG P407 clone builds 2 years 3 months ago #70080

Are you painting the stripes Jonny or cutting vinyl for them?  I will end up doing some body decals at some stage, Not sure for what car yet. I got vinyl so could have a go at that and I just got some water slide paper for my laser printer, going to have a bash at doing some of those too. .
Regards

Lee
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, silvertriple

Last edit: by jord001.

2012 re-re Bruiser & HG P407 clone builds 2 years 3 months ago #70081

I love the stripping.
The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim

2012 re-re Bruiser & HG P407 clone builds 2 years 3 months ago #70083

Are you painting the stripes Jonny or cutting vinyl for them?  I will end up doing some body decals at some stage, Not sure for what car yet. I got vinyl so could have a go at that and I just got some water slide paper for my laser printer, going to have a bash at doing some of those too. .

Appreciate the offer :) but I have a cutter & quite a bit of vinyl myself already.

2012 re-re Bruiser & HG P407 clone builds 2 years 3 months ago #70084

Looking for a motor to replace the unknown kit one, apparently Tamiya actually developed a motor specifically for the re-release of the Bruiser in 2012, but didn't release it. A comparison of the specs suggest it later became the Torque Tuned motor.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, jord001, Ducksnuts

2012 re-re Bruiser & HG P407 clone builds 2 years 3 months ago #70089

I love the pork tuned sticker Jonny.

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.