Keyword

TOPIC:

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 6 years 10 months ago #44356

I love it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 6 years 10 months ago #44414

Last structural bits of the main cab now in; rear body mounts extended by cutting off the regular pip, drilling out & using the shorter vertical body mounts; also started on the front arches - used some artistic licence to give them more strength, and a lot of fettling/trimming will be required to get the body to sit level again ...

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: BCM06

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 6 years 10 months ago #44481

More progress: a lot of the front arches needed trimming away to get the body to sit flat again, that & putting in a couple of pieces to act as reference points was about as must as I got done yesterday ... today was the rest of the hood/bumper structure.

Still a lot of filling/sanding/bracing before I can move on - but I'm already thinking about plumbing: the water tank will have to go at the highest point of the chassis at the rear - even if I make it rectangular to use as much space as possible it'll only hold about 1,100 cc - not much in terms of duration (30 seconds?) - but a lot in terms of weight (1.1kg, obvs, or nearly 2 1/2 lbs) for a 1:10 car, especially high up...

I'm thinking a more asthetic looking oval will only hold half as much, but also weigh half as much - and I can keep the duration up by going down to a single cannon (which makes more sense for application on a small truck like this anyway).

I had hoped I could use a windscreen washer jet (no point reinventing the wheel & all that) but they all seem to be very ugly & plastic - so it looks like I have to machine something from brass. as long as it's got some sort of convergence (taper) & the business end of the nozzle is very small, I'd hope it would work ok ...

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: AndyAus

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 6 years 10 months ago #44486

Your windscreen jet is a good idea. More pressure less debit. And you can put it into the body and go with a small pipe to the canon wich I am sure you will build perfectly.

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 6 years 10 months ago #44525

Used Milliput to fillet ahound the hood panels, filler on the other joint lines & sanded back again...

Also quickly machined a water jet from 1/4" (6.35mm) brass hex, internal "taper" is in steps from 2mm to 1.5mm to 0.9mm, initially I tried 0.7mm but that seemed to be putting too much strain on the motor. I'll add bits to it to make it look a bit more the part, but it's performing well enough that I'm not inclined to try anything else - a very temporary test rig showed a range on 7.2v NiMH of about 13' (4m) maximum in a fairly coherent stream, water consumption (measured from 100ml) is a bit less than 1L per minute, so my target tank size will give about 30 seconds total duration.

I'm thinking vertical adjustment will have to be by hand - but having a second servo matching the steering input should be quite straightforward :)

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, BCM06

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 6 years 10 months ago #44566

I've been working on the tank the last couple of days ... an oval might not be the most space efficient shape, but I want it to look nice even if it's not on show.

Starting with four formers (middle two with some cutouts to allow water to flow, but not too much) + a bunch of stringers ....

... to make the basic shape:

Skinned with two layer of 0.5mm sheet, + capped the end & started on filler cap/tube & breather ... also working on sump + 4BA brass fastener prior to being machined into an output spigot:

A little bit of detailing, plus fixings to hold it in place - currently just held on with Blue Tac ... filler & breather can to be reduced in height to clear roof...

View in situ:

Maximum capacity is a smidge over 400ml - a bit less than my target, but good enough :)

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 6 years 10 months ago #44568

It is tooooo nice Jonny.

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 6 years 10 months ago #44573

Really cool project, Jonny! Looking forward to a video of it hosing down the cat :laugh:
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 6 years 10 months ago #44599

Seems to have been an awful lot of faffing about to get to this point on the water cannon ...

Attachments:

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 6 years 10 months ago #44602

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.201 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.