Keyword

TOPIC:

SIlverTriple's 3D printing stuff... 1 year 3 weeks ago #74709

I did wash and cure last night before going to bed... This night was short. 

I washed the part for 3 minutes with IPA 99%. I then dry the part with what was left in the compressor. Due to the late time in the night, I did not restart the compressor, and that was a mistake, as the part was not fully dry (I take note for next time)... I had some doubt with the tire in hand (with gloves) while not cured : the tire was not that flexible.

After the clean, about 20 minutes of UV exposition to cure the resin...

Results

And after the UV cure, the tire is actually flexible and soft, like a tire... Very close to the original tire in essence...

Few elements to improve :
- make sure the part is fully dry before the curing
- the inside of the tire is not totally cured, I  may need to find a way to deal with this

Elements we can't improve : traces left by the support on the rear side of the tire. 

Overally, very satisfied with the result.
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: yogi-bear, stingray-63, EddyCH

Please Log in to join the conversation.

SIlverTriple's 3D printing stuff... 1 year 3 weeks ago #74710

You say, it's very close to the original. Do you think, you can really drive with the tyres? Or are they too hard, soft, instable... for that?

Making plastic spare parts for RC cars, which work, is already possible. But useable rubber spare parts, would solve most of the other problems.

SIlverTriple's 3D printing stuff... 1 year 3 weeks ago #74711

very nice results overall.
I wonder if you can print the tires in two halves and join them? Not ideal, but it would mean no marks, easier to cure all surfaces.

I'm impressed with the rims too, they came out super clean and detailed. Was it hard to remove the supports?

SIlverTriple's 3D printing stuff... 1 year 3 weeks ago #74713

For Eddy, it's rubber resin, and the shore is equivalent to what an original tire is. It have similar flexibility than the original tire, and the main question is about it working like a tire... I have almost doubts about this... But I'll confirm once I have a complete set...

Yogi-bear, I'm not sure the design of the tire allows this, first. However, doing half tire and glue them with resin exposed to UVs should work... For the rims, yes they are super super clean, and the supports were quite easy to remove compared to what it would be all in the same material...

The following user(s) Liked this: yogi-bear

SIlverTriple's 3D printing stuff... 1 year 3 weeks ago #74715

Second successful print...
A front tire this time. I'll work differently for the post processing, following previous print learning...

Need to try to do both rear and front next :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

SIlverTriple's 3D printing stuff... 1 year 3 weeks ago #74722

After the front tire successuful print, because, yes, it was successful as well...

I launched a print for one front and one rear...

83% and it looks like the process works as well with two tires in...

The resin I used was mentioned already earlier in this thread Resione F80 Rubber resin. I'll give all the details once I publish the stls for  tires once I have more tires done, and a run test...

There is things I need to improve though:
- find a way to cure the inside of the tire (I've ordered some UV leds on a ribbon, powered by USB that I intend to put on ring that can be mounted inside the tire during curing time)
- get a way to clean better the inside : not perfect at this stage

I did not mentioned earlier there is some issues on the two tires printed on one layer... it's weird (same height, same condition, perfect before, perfect after). I took pics and sent a ticket to Anycubic to ask for their opinion. Let's see what they revert back...

Once I have a full set of tires, I'll have to do a run :)

SIlverTriple's 3D printing stuff... 1 year 3 weeks ago #74727

Are preorder open? I'll ask to my friend for his sam😜

SIlverTriple's 3D printing stuff... 1 year 3 weeks ago #74728

Or maybe for a coors???😇😇😇

SIlverTriple's 3D printing stuff... 1 year 3 weeks ago #74731

I won't sell tires, let's be clear... The idea is to indicate the process and the means to do your own tires... I do not intend to do business of this...

SIlverTriple's 3D printing stuff... 1 year 3 weeks ago #74734

I know my friend . And your work is awesome. 

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.265 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.