Keyword
Please take care when trading with people you don't know personally. To safeguard yourself as much as possible do/check the following:
- check the other party's ebay feedback (check his profile on TB, or ask for ebay ID) Send them an email through ebay to make sure.
- ask for references at this forum.
- check the members status on TB. Is this his first and only post or an experienced/well known member?
- Only pay through a secure payment provider, like Paypal. Make sure you pay for an item, not for a Service, as a Gift or other types of payment.
- Exchange real names and telephone numbers up front, and check them out.
- only offer shipping with full online tracking.
TamiyaBase.com is not a party in trades made on the basis of this site. Buyer and seller are sole responsible for their trades and for working out a safe way of payment and delivery.

TOPIC:

MIP Super Ball Diff for ORV Cars now on Sale! 7 years 6 months ago #41472

It is with great joy that I post this today. After over 30 years of patches and old, over-priced slipping ball differentials, I am so happy to announce that MIP Products in Southern California has solved the diff problem for good. Folks, tomorrow the MIP Super Ball Diff will go on pre-sale on their website.

This is how it is going to work. The pre-sale will go on for 3 weeks. In those 3 weeks, a minimum order quantity of 250 must be reached. You will place your order with MIP and your credit card will be charged. When that happens, the diff goes on to full on production as soon as they reach their goal. It will be manufactured in house and then mailed from their facility in Covina, California to you directly. Shipping is estimated to start early January 2017. Once this milestone has been hit, MIP has many more upgrades planned for Tamiya cars. This diff is just the start.

If we do not hit 250 in 3 week, the project is cancelled. Your credit cards will be completely refunded and there will continue to be nothing for the ORV.

I have been working with them for years to try and convince them of the market for these vintage cars. You may recall my early post about this and sadly, a number of “patches” for the ORV as well as early production cost estimates made the project lose steam. With the advent of the 2016 BF and many, many nagging meeting with them, they decided to create the single greatest needed part for any RC car ever.

This is what you need to know about the diff:
1. Designed to work with the 2015 Monster Beetle and 2016 Blackfoot
a. This simply means it needs the new Tamiya universal axles 53908 Frog 2005 Assembly Univ axles
2. Will not work with the dog bone version
3. Will not work with the hex drive version
4. Requires Tamiya item number 9335026 “RC Diff Spur & C. Gear: 58060 - X9954” for Frog, Brat and Lancia Rally
a. Will also need a 16 tooth pinion
5. ZERO modification to anything on your vehicle, vintage or RERE
6. Completely independent of the transmission not needing alu. plates for support

Here is the compatibility information:
All compatible ORV Cars with 9335026 “RC Diff Spur & C. Gear: 58060 - X9954 and 53908 Frog 2005 Assembly Univ axles & 16 tooth Pinion
Subaru Brat : 58038 ( original ) & 58384 (rere)
Lancia Rally: 58040
Frog: 58041 ( original ) & 58354 (rere)

All compatible ORV Cars with only 53908 Frog 2005 Assembly Univ axles
Blackfoot: 58058
Monster Beetle: 58060
Mudblaster: 58077

Direct drop in:
2015 Monster Beetle: 58618
2016 Blackfoot: 58633

A video covering all this will be posted when I am done with it tonight. The site will go live on the morning of November 15th.

I am sure you want to know how much.

Week one: $42 + Free Shipping in Continental USA, Flat Rate worldwide with Code “oldskool30”
Week two: $48 + Free Shipping in Continental USA, Flat Rate worldwide with Code “vintage20”
Week three: $54 + Shipping in Continental USA, Flat Rate worldwide with Code “late10”

Retail price once in sale is $60 + Shipping

You might be asking who is this “MIP”?. Moores Innovative Products was founded in 1978 and is no stranger to upgraded Tamiya parts. Anyone remember the 4WD SRB? That was them. They were around through the golden age of RC, survived the late 90’s and is one of the last companies that designs, engineers, tests, manufactures and ships from their facility in Southern California. They make upgraded and OEM parts for buggies as large as 1/5th for many of the manufacturer of high end RC cars today. In summary, they make the best stuff you can get and it is all made in the USA.

As you can imagine, I am very excited about this and I hope you are as well. I really need your help getting the word out so that we can make this an unmitigated success. I will post links to the info page as well as the presales page as soon as they are finished. I also requested some updated model pictures from them and will post soon. Please let me know if you have any questions and I know we will hit our minimum goal.

I don’t know about you but I have been wanting a solution to this diff since I put my monster beetle away in 1996 with a ruined gearbox.

Just so you know, I do not work for them, I have simply been working to have them better understand the vintage RC car owners better and create a solution that would benefit the most people while giving them the best options for the driveline on the ORV. Remember, this is just the beginning. I know what is next, and it is awesome.

Alberto

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by pintopower.

MIP Super Ball Diff for ORV Cars now on Sale! 7 years 6 months ago #41479

Hi pintopower, your add is interesting but for a first post That is more a spaming than a passionate owner post. :unsure:
But that's a good new.

MIP Super Ball Diff for ORV Cars now on Sale! 7 years 6 months ago #41480

Yeah I agree. I have been on TC for about 13 years so I am hardcore owner but I really want to see this diff succeed. At this point, Ill do just about anything to show everyone what MIP has done.

MIP Super Ball Diff for ORV Cars now on Sale! 7 years 6 months ago #41481

Ok. I hope that you could post your expérience on tamiyabase. Not only adds. Only to share with us your passion ;)

MIP Super Ball Diff for ORV Cars now on Sale! 7 years 6 months ago #41482

Yay! I got in cad models!

I just got in some final cad models!

The following user(s) Liked this: AndyAus

MIP Super Ball Diff for ORV Cars now on Sale! 7 years 6 months ago #41483

So I did just kind of barge in here and start shouting stuff. Sorry, I am American, it is what we do. Anyway, the reason I have posted here appears to be sales related but I must confess, it is more of a help wanted add. I have been working on a diff design for years for the ORV cars. It has taken since 2010 to convince someone to make this product for the Tamiya ORV owners, of which there are many. MIP has taken up the challenge and actually decided to make the product if the presales hits 250 units. If that happens, the diff goes on to production and we open the doors to have MIP take a real look at vintage cars and make the stuff we have always wanted. I need the Tamiya communities help to make this successful. Sorry If I have offended anyone but this is so close to happening that I am looking for all the help I can get. This would truly be a godsend for those of us with one of these cars. Please feel free to reach out and ask any questions you have. I will do my best to answer and hopefully help out the community as much as I can.

MIP Super Ball Diff for ORV Cars now on Sale! 7 years 6 months ago #41484

why.....................why do you post such wonderful things?!?!?!? so it's either this now or your CW01 front suspension setup...... thanks for making this difficult.
<p>16 Tamiyas and the limit is reached (per the boss).... So I have to rotate to maintain that number.</p>

MIP Super Ball Diff for ORV Cars now on Sale! 7 years 6 months ago #41485

Moved this topic to the For Sale section.
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.
The following user(s) Liked this: pintopower

MIP Super Ball Diff for ORV Cars now on Sale! 7 years 6 months ago #41486

And, let me add; very, very cool stuff you have going here!
I really hope you reach the goal of 250 units! :)
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

MIP Super Ball Diff for ORV Cars now on Sale! 7 years 6 months ago #41487

:) Nice challenge.

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.129 seconds