Keyword

TOPIC:

DF01 repro alloy mount kits inc J12 & saddle pack 11 years 1 month ago #20236

Pathetic....
I honestly thought that with the aggressive bidding at the start, that they would go for sensible money, & yes, proper narked at what I got for the full set, there were many hours put into producing that!
Smaller sets, yep that was sort of what I was expecting.

So, no, there won't be a full set on Ebay from me again, but there may be part-sets put on there & obviously I'm happy making bits for those who ask nicely, but probably not for Ebay money! (PM me if you want some doing & we'll fix a real price)

Yeah you're probably right about the clock change Waterbok, I have an annoying habit of listing stuff to end when stuff like that happens! (& Footy on telly etc). I spose I'll find out soon enough, if there's a flood of messages asking what happened to the listing!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

DF01 repro alloy mount kits inc J12 & saddle pack 11 years 1 month ago #20243

I can hardly believe I'm sticking up for eBay here - but one thing there are good at is making sure you don't lose time off listings due to clock changes. With the change from GMT to BST (British Summer Time - hah!) we "lost" an hour (I never understood the "spring forward, fall back" mnemonic, it always seems to me you're more likely to spring back or fall forward :whistle: ) - but an hour would have been tacked on to the listing finish times in fact I can see they started at 20:43, 20:47 and 20:52 GMT, and finished at 21:43, 21:47 and 21:52 BST a week later ... theoretically, no-one should have logged on to bid & found they'd finished an hour earlier.

In hindsight, Easter Sunday was clearly a bad time to have things end - but only in hindsight: I wouldn't have predicted that every man & his whippet would have been doing things with family & stuck with in-laws, etc rather than doing stuff online & bidding on eBay - who knew? Traditionally, Easter is for DIY at home :whistle:

DF01 repro alloy mount kits inc J12 & saddle pack 11 years 1 month ago #20252

Well, I do have a habit of putting listings on that end during some major event, so I'm not hugely surprised regarding that, & whatever the logic of lost/gained time, it will have caused confusion.

I am surprised at the low end price of the big kit though - there was some aggressive bidding to start (Which there usually isn't) & there were quite a lot of people watching (Where were they?). What defies logic is why pay 20 quid for 4x bits when you could have those same 4x bits + a load of others (That you're bound to need later for your DF01 project) for similar money?

The end prices for the other smaller listings although a bit low considering the work involved, were sort of what I was expecting. Again, surprised at the lack of last second bidding though.

In summary, waste of time & effort doing big kits, I'm better off doing small kits, & sensibly I should only do them when asked rather than trying to get whatever I can for them on the bay. I'm not gonna get rich doing these....

DF01 repro alloy mount kits inc J12 & saddle pack 11 years 1 month ago #20254

Never saw an eBay auction that went like this.
I would have certainly expected more bidding at the end stage.

:huh:

The winners should be happy campers though. :cheer:

DF01 repro alloy mount kits inc J12 & saddle pack 11 years 1 month ago #20256

I have... normally goes like that if the end of the auction falls in a time-window where there's more interesting stuff going on. Trouble is, I'm never quick enough to know about clock changes, olympics, footy matches etc to adjust end times to avoid them!
If you ARE quick enough, it often works for you & there's bargains to be had.

Kinda hoping I might get contacted by some of the "watchers" asking if I'd do more, treat the experience more as advertising their availabilty

DF01 repro alloy mount kits inc J12 & saddle pack 11 years 1 month ago #20263

If you decide to do them again, you should get a picture of them polished and mounted on a car. Might help the end price :unsure:

DF01 repro alloy mount kits inc J12 & saddle pack 11 years 1 month ago #20277

If you decide to do them again, you should get a picture of them polished and mounted on a car. Might help the end price :unsure:

we are working on that bit ;)

. 11 years 1 month ago #20585

Any feedback from the buyers, haven't seen anybody else showing of on TB or TC?

. 11 years 1 month ago #20587

The guy that had the 2x small kits contacted me today asking for more, I'm just waiting to hear back from him regarding what bits he actually needs.
Did a private sale last week, haven't heard from him regarding them arriving.
No feedback from the big kit winner, no contact.
No reply from the guy in the states.
No reply from Kemmatech.
& that's about it really, I can only guess the parts aren't as sought after as we were led to believe....

I might do another couple of the small kits & Ebay them, but I'd rather not make a whole pile of "stock" & get stuck with them, so I'm waiting for all these people who desperately need them to ask for them.
After all the excitement, the lack of enthusiasm now they're available is quite disappointing really

.top force mounts 11 years 1 month ago #20597

hi sorry but how much would you want for the front & rear mounts steering mounts and mounts for the rear wing and the mount that go`s on the top chassis plate to clip the body on

regards
jason

sorry been busy

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.154 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.