Keyword

TOPIC:

"Budget Bug" decals for Sand Scorcher, etc 10 years 7 months ago #24802

I took the screws out while the resin was still a little tacky; the resin raised the pile of the cloth giving a very "rough canvas" look that I wasn't too keen on ...

... so I added a layer of fine glassfibre cloth:

I will trim the edges of the tonneau cover back a little, but even so it really compromises the placement of lights ... best place for them I think is the wing mirror holes ... which then means there's really nowhere to fit mirrors, ho hum :huh:

Frog type light on the roof is proportionately much bigger than the 1:1, but at least it's smaller than the Holiday Buggy type round ones.

I want to trim the front wheelarch liners to expose the front dampers more, after that I'll be reinforcing the insides, then using epoxy putty & filler to blend bits on the outside. Rear cage tops I'm planning to make part of a separate interior.

:)
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

"Budget Bug" decals for Sand Scorcher, etc 10 years 7 months ago #24803

this looks bloody great jonny :y: good work you have done there m8

"Budget Bug" decals for Sand Scorcher, etc 10 years 7 months ago #24804

JR, top job there! This is turning into a brilliant build with so little reference to go by. Truly inspirational as usual.
Marius

"Budget Bug" decals for Sand Scorcher, etc 10 years 7 months ago #24812

:pinch: A real hard work Jonny. A real creation. Not a custom. You are a crazyman LOL. :y:

"Budget Bug" decals for Sand Scorcher, etc 10 years 7 months ago #24821

Definitely inspiring. :y:

"Budget Bug" decals for Sand Scorcher, etc 10 years 7 months ago #24823

:silly: "DINGUE"!!!!!!!!!!!!! UN truc de OUF!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo: :y: :y: :y: :y: :y: :y: :y:

"Budget Bug" decals for Sand Scorcher, etc 10 years 7 months ago #24827

Nice work JR B) , I noticed that in each of the images the "Budget Bug" has a different race number? Surprisingly small number of pic's for a car entered in 3 separate races :(
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

"Budget Bug" decals for Sand Scorcher, etc 10 years 7 months ago #24829

Nice work JR B) , I noticed that in each of the images the "Budget Bug" has a different race number? Surprisingly small number of pic's for a car entered in 3 separate races :(

Here's another number - 92 this time - to add to the others (64, 49, 110). I know there were more pictures of this car taken, scanned & published on t'internet - I found links but they were dead :(

The decal sheet seem to have been developed from the one side on pic, and even then has several errors & omissions:
- Missing "110", "64" & "92" numbers
- should be 5 racing numbers, not 4 - an extra one is needed for the nose
- Missing "Parker Race Cars" decal for the sun visor
- "Western Auto Batteries" is usually correct, but in this case should be "Western Auto Tires"
- Missing 2x "Auto Haus" decals
- "KC Daylighter" decals should be the darker yellow large angled "KC" ones
- Missing (presumably 2x) KC decals with borders
- Missing further 6 decals, 2 each of 3 designs (2 of them I kind of recognise - shield, red & white stripey one - and 1 other - which to be fair is almost unreadable - harold's?)
- Should be two varieties of k&N decals (one pair without the filter)
- Rapid Cool, Bel-Ray, Bell & Champion decals are not used on the car
- 1/18 (I think) versions of the door panels & some of the sponsor logos are no use as the set isn't complete

That's a bit disappointing as it only took me 10 minutes to find the other pictures & spot the flaws in the decal sheet :whistle:

Attachments:

"Budget Bug" decals for Sand Scorcher, etc 10 years 7 months ago #24836

We continue ...

Interior "floor" card template & styrene copy loose fitted ... "floor level" is the same height as the bracket on the driver figure:

Driver figure (with bracket cut off) in place ... angle of steering wheel is completely wrong:

I was lazy at first & tried a lighter for adjustments :whistle: ... hair dryer also didn't work ... hot air gun worked a bit too well ...

It's not up to the standards of a Rogue Element dash kit, but with paint & speedo/fuel gauge/clock decals it'll do ...

Working on the rollcage, including "bars" running from the rear cage to the interior...

I cheated a bit - the roll cage won't have the bits hidden by the curve of the roof:

I still need to fix/glue the rollcage, and I also want to fit seat backs, a small fuel cell & gearstick top ... possible also a plumbed in fire extinguisher (aka a Wild Willy NOS bottle painted red :whistle: ).

:)

"Budget Bug" decals for Sand Scorcher, etc 10 years 7 months ago #24850

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
Jonny you are definitively a top repro man :y:
How do you make?????????????? :woohoo:

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.205 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.