Keyword

TOPIC:

"Budget Bug" decals for Sand Scorcher, etc 10 years 7 months ago #24851

HI!... Looks GREAT! Don't forget about the red air horns on the driver's side. :whistle: lol

Please Log in to join the conversation.

"Budget Bug" decals for Sand Scorcher, etc 10 years 7 months ago #24856

Gee, there are people who think i am crazy, very nice indeed, very good eye for detail also!

"Budget Bug" decals for Sand Scorcher, etc 10 years 7 months ago #24863

Wow, that's a fantastic work JR ! :y: :y:
Proud owner of the Bruiser Family

"Budget Bug" decals for Sand Scorcher, etc 10 years 7 months ago #24948

Had to take a couple of days off from this, but back in the saddle today ...

I don't know if I've bitched about the Hobbyking 6-in-1 Machine Tool enough ... I've spent more time attempting to make it work properly & keep it running than I have making stuff on it, and despite the small number of bits I've actually made on it, it's now completely clapped out :blink: ... last bits off it were a couple of styrene "washers" for a slightly funkier exhaust ...

I've also reinforced the front & rear end modifications with waffer thin fibreglass cloth & epoxy resin ... masking/sealing blu-tac has been peeled & the excess resin has now been Dremmelled/sanded off :)

"Budget Bug" decals for Sand Scorcher, etc 10 years 7 months ago #24950

:evil: YEAHHHHHH!!!! A perfect canon exaust pipe :y:

"Budget Bug" decals for Sand Scorcher, etc 10 years 7 months ago #24951

Window mesh is a bit experimental - styrene frames with cloth netting tied on with fetching purple thread :whistle:, covered in epoxy resin. I tidied up the outer edges once the resin was cured, I'm hoping these will work out once they're painted ...

I didn't get the geometry quite right on the seat backs, but with filler & some glued on detail panels they came out ok ... Current heads are just placeholders until I prep & fill the new full face helmets, but I think the interior is just about there - although in one of the 1:1 pics, through the left rear window there seems to be some sort of cooling apparatus & possibly the filler neck for a fuel cell?

Note the "proper" hands on the navigator vs the "boxing gloves" on the driver - lots of very delicate dremelling there, I'm not sure it was worth it just to give him thumbs :huh:

"Budget Bug" decals for Sand Scorcher, etc 10 years 7 months ago #24952

:woohoo: detailing jonny. very pretty. I love it.

"Budget Bug" decals for Sand Scorcher, etc 10 years 7 months ago #24972

Thing immediately behind the drivers seat in the 1:1 car is an oil cooler - doh! :blush:

Attachments:

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

"Budget Bug" decals for Sand Scorcher, etc 10 years 7 months ago #24973

:huh: Are you serious Jonny? I know that you are at a very high level but here...
I made some 1/35th militaria dioramas but with my low level , here you are a psychopathe :woohoo: :evil: :y: :y: :y: :y: :y: :y: :y: :y: :y: :y: :y: :y: :y: :y: :y: :y: :y: :y: :y: :y: :y: :y: :y: :y: :y: :y: :y: :y: :y:

"Budget Bug" decals for Sand Scorcher, etc 10 years 7 months ago #24976

Sensational work Jonny :woohoo: I love the exhaust and meshed window work, great details ;) I hope you didn't have to cut up one of your meshed rave singlets for it though :laugh: :laugh:
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.