Keyword

TOPIC:

58034 Super Champ light resto 9 years 7 months ago #31135

What a super job you've done, that's the best 'tidied up job I've seen in a while.:-)

With the front arms, did you consider putting helicoils in?
I hope you had the old yellow 'shock' bottle x rayed and crack tested, we all know how much pressure is in a shocky reservour. :-) :-)

Great job, I look forward to your next tidy up job.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

58034 Super Champ light resto 9 years 7 months ago #31137

That's torn it .. I have to say I feel ambivalent about opening this - in less than two minutes I took off 80% (I guess) of it's value, going from NIP to unused to used ... on the other hand, it's a spare part - keeping it in a box & looking at it occassionally, then putting it back because it's "too valuable to use" was daft..

... and the rest of the chassis. It didn't seem worth putting radio gear in until I know what I'm going to do about the missing speed control.

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
Attachments:

Last edit: by larbut. Reason: finished that end-quote tag

58034 Super Champ light resto 9 years 7 months ago #31142

It turned out really well! I'm impressed by the work you did on converting the rear A-arms.....

58034 Super Champ light resto 9 years 7 months ago #31254

Well that's devalued it, not only have I taken the NIB Mk.II Acoms set out of the box, I've fitted it, and USED it :blink: :lol:

No balloons (or "waterproof bags" :whistle:) as I've had some bad experiences with them rotting on shelved cars recently...

Still need to source an MSC ...

Switch boot needs some trimming, according to the manual...

Glued on, fake AA cells fitted:

Attachments:

58034 Super Champ light resto 9 years 7 months ago #31255

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro

58034 Super Champ light resto 9 years 7 months ago #31262

:huh: Jonny if you want I have 1 of this type of MSC if you want. I don't have the need of it.

58034 Super Champ light resto 9 years 7 months ago #31282

:huh: Jonny if you want I have 1 of this type of MSC if you want. I don't have the need of it.

Thanks Stingray, but after running a "wanted" add & asking several times, I bought that NIB on eBay :whistle:

58034 Super Champ light resto 9 years 6 months ago #31433

NIB MSC arrived from Hong Kong ... there was some oxidation on the MSC (cleaned off with a glass fibre pen), but the extra diode was pretty grim & the crud came off in flakes :sick:

58034 Super Champ light resto 9 years 6 months ago #31434

Mine is in the same state. It was sold with oxydation. I though that it was used...

58034 Super Champ light resto 9 years 6 months ago #31435

You'll probably have a heart attack when I tell you I chucked one of them out about 3 weeks ago. :huh:
I'd had it for about 25 years and had forgot what it was out of. Couldn't find what it fitted with a 5 minute google search, so it got binned. :blush:
I think it was used, I did have a Super Champ when they were new.

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.160 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.