Keyword

TOPIC:

Acoms 2-channel stick radio evolution 2 years 8 months ago #67587

Yeah, i tried the other channel and same result. Conversely the sail servo worked just fine on either channel.

The reason I posted was mainly this old post here asking for photos of the as-15: tamiyabase.com/...t=80#27721 which was a prominent google result for acoms as-15.

I read somewhere that a S3003 should also work as a replacement, is that about right?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Acoms 2-channel stick radio evolution 2 years 8 months ago #67588

Yes it works

Acoms 2-channel stick radio evolution 2 years 8 months ago #67589

Yeah, i tried the other channel and same result. Conversely the sail servo worked just fine on either channel.

The reason I posted was mainly this old post here asking for photos of the as-15: tamiyabase.com/...t=80#27721 which was a prominent google result for acoms as-15.

I read somewhere that a S3003 should also work as a replacement, is that about right?

Thanks for the photos :) but TBH I lost interest in plumbing the depths of Acoms radio variations some years ago (so have deleted the request for info from that old post).

A Futaba S3003 ought to be a decent replacement - but everywhere I looked (admittedly not  a huge sample) appeared to be out of stock, or selling fakes :( 

Acoms 2-channel stick radio evolution 2 years 2 months ago #70582

Added a footnote on the end of RiKO (seems to have been a by-product of the end of the Beatties of London model shops :( ) to the 1st post.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Acoms 2-channel stick radio evolution 1 year 9 months ago #72175

Adding mk.iii "B" box - I'd forgotten about this one and the rather unfortunate partial occlusion of a letter "O" on the lower left of the front by artwork of the transmitter :D  
Attachments:

Acoms 2-channel stick radio evolution 1 year 8 months ago #72378

Ripmax FirebirdXL – dumbed down version of the Techniplus Alpha TX with fixed tuning & single power LED, included in the ARTR Ripmax FirebirdXL pod & boom type trainer plane.

Attachments:

Acoms 2-channel stick radio evolution 1 year 8 months ago #72382

Heuuuu isn't ripmax a futaba brand?

Acoms 2-channel stick radio evolution 1 year 8 months ago #72388

Heuuuu isn't ripmax a futaba brand?

Ripmax = toy shop, then importer (including Futaba), then manufacturer/badge engineer. :) Almost as ubiquitous (and a bit later) as RiKo in the UK.

Always sounded like a particularly aggressive fart to me (one where you'd need to check both your underoos and pantalones for tears), but apparently was named after its founder, Max Coote. 

Even that sounds like a cartoon name for an old guy, I'm thinking of a cross between Rick Sanchez and Mr Magoo. Or if you want to think live action, Johnny Knoxville as Jackass' Bad Grandpa, Irving Zisman ;)  

Acoms 2-channel stick radio evolution 1 year 5 months ago #73123

AS-10 Servo - it does exist, but is a "mini" servo, sold in a foam lined box. Output is 3.2kg, output splines are the same as regular Acoms servos.

Attachments:

Acoms 2-channel stick radio evolution 1 year 5 months ago #73124

AS-15 Servo - we knew this existed (thanks sunday87 :y: ), but this is the first time I've been able to buy one & photograph it:

nb amended part #s table at the end of page 1 to reflect the above  

Attachments:

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.265 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.