Keyword

TOPIC:

Acoms 2-channel stick radio evolution 9 years 2 months ago #33262

:) cool to find a 41 mhz version but the transmitter doesn t work with the receiver :(

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Acoms 2-channel stick radio evolution 9 years 2 months ago #33263

...Can it be right with the arc 227 receiver?
...[/attachment]

Nice find :y: I haven't seen one of those before.

Numbers on Acoms transmitters & recievers denote number of channels and frequency band - e.g. 427 is 4 channel/27mhz, 227 = 2 channel/27mhz etc, so 241= 2 channel/41mhz.

It's not just a matter of swapping the crystals either ;)

There is no info on gogol thanks Jonny

Acoms 2-channel stick radio evolution 9 years 2 months ago #33264

I'm guessing, but based on the little info I can find, the AP241 could be a France-only Acoms model?
I think "Modelud" was a french model Shop that went bankrupt in the 1980's.
From the little I can find, it looks like this Acoms was introduced in 1981/82.
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Acoms 2-channel stick radio evolution 9 years 2 months ago #33265

:huh: where did you find that Lars???? I just found a poor ad on gogol. I am happy that my transmiter found in a lot with a thundershot deal, is so old than me. Thanks a lot Lars and Jonny.
But I need to find a correct transmitter for my fox. ( or\and a receiver). :P

Acoms 2-channel stick radio evolution 9 years 2 months ago #33309

During my ongoing sort out, I found an interesting 4-page document (in German) talking about die neue europaische directiv fur funkanlagen und telekummunikationsendeinrichtungen ... well you get the idea - the R&TTE directive that slashed RC TX outputs & put a CE mark on conforming units (the "mk.VII" onwards)...

Note that this is a directive - i.e. it tells member states to achieve a particular result (i.e. control of RC frequencies in this case) without specifying means (i.e. the particular frequencies - this is important later, trust me). You might also think it's a typical bit of Euro legislation in that it just adds an extra, unnecessary layer of law to what is already codified locally, and adds in a bit more interference (power limits)...

The interesting thing is the charts on the other 3 pages detailing in which European countries various frequencies are legal & what for - I'll write up and/or scan for Lars at some point, but to sum up the French aspects:

26mhz: all models, France/Finland/Sweden, limited parts of the band available

27mhz: all models, all of Europe APART from France (& Spain)

35mhz: flight only, all of Europe APART from France (+ Switzerland & Italy)

40mhz: all models, all of Europe APART from France

41mhz: Flight only first 11 bands/all models remaining 11 bands, France only

72mhz: all models, France only

I think you can see the pattern here - some countries may have dallied with frequency rules outside the norms, but they're all amateurs compared to France ;)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Acoms 2-channel stick radio evolution 9 years 2 months ago #33310

La France - vive la difference!
The following user(s) Liked this: larbut, stingray-63

Acoms 2-channel stick radio evolution 9 years 2 months ago #33311

:) thanks Jonny.
somebodies say me that 26 and 27 are compatibles, 40 and 41 too and 72 and 75 too.
Is it right?
I remember that since some years the frequencies bands are more free than in the 80's.
when I was young, I know that the 26mhz was cheaper, the 41, the high level and when you had a 72mhz, you were a "king". the techniplus was a little expensive but of a very good quality ( better than the alpha version)

Acoms 2-channel stick radio evolution 8 years 8 months ago #35080

Hi,
I just got an AP-227
I can't get my eneloop AA batteries to fit in the transmitter; they're too long.
Can anybody recommend somewhat shorter AA's?

Also, I need a battery door for it. :-)

Acoms 2-channel stick radio evolution 8 years 8 months ago #35081

All I can really say is good luck with that - because although received wisdom says AA rechargeable batteries are longer than non-rechargeable (and I've found that to be true in the past), it's not necessarily the case here - the AA spec "should" be 50.5mm long, your Eneloop cells are apparently 50.4mm long - and the bulk Duracell "Industrial" alkaline ones I was going to suggest are 50.3mm (and even those need levering out of some applications) :(
The following user(s) Liked this: theSupers

Acoms 2-channel stick radio evolution 8 years 8 months ago #35082

I think that old dry cells were somewhat shorter and older equipment is made to fit the actual batteries at the time, not the specification. It almost feels as there's a gradual improvement, or lengthening of the battery compartment with each generation. The MKII can just fit the eneloops and modern units are fine.

I've had similar problems with other older equipment.

It makes sense that modern batteries are built to the limit of the specification with all the competition going over capacity.

Ideally I'm looking for some 50 mm LSD (low self discharge) NiMh batteries as this equipment is not going to see regular use. I just need something that will stay fresh and never leak that I can put into my old equipment to test now and then.

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.232 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.