Keyword

TOPIC:

Marui Hunter 11 years 5 months ago #15317

I have managed to acquire a basket case Marui Hunter from a relative its been in his loft for a long time im collecting it next weekend so will post some pics up when i get it. I was wondering if anyone had any knowledge of them and more importantly any spares as im told its missing its rear wheels and a cover for the chassis that the driver sits on. it will probably need a few other bits too im sure if anyone has any spares please get in touch so we can do a deal :y: im told the spares supply is difficult so im expecting ill have to be inventive and manufacture some parts myself.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Marui Hunter 11 years 5 months ago #15318

;) Hey Nut,
I had a marui thunderbird (nascar) when I were very younger. I sold it some years ago and now I cry every day :cry: :n: . I have got a CJ7 wheely uncomplete but it is very interesting Parts are expensive but cars are funny. Someone sayed me that originaly it is a french mark. Maybe is it fault I don't know but it is a historical mark of the 80's. Broking plastics and specials MSC... . If you found a fine condition model, it is ok but if you want to restore it, You have to spend some money. It is a good small mark like YANKEE. :y:

Re: Marui Hunter 11 years 5 months ago #15320

Ok stingray i have been looking on ebay and the hunter parts dont seem too expensive probably one of the cheaper marui models alongside the galaxy im hoping to make it a cheap runner i need to get some Tamiya 53919 frog aluminium wheel adapters so i can fit some rear wheels to it as i have been told they fit a treat. other than that im going to try and manufacture any parts i need myself to get it up and running.I wont be chucking any real money at it for now as im facing redundancy from my job in the next few months due to cutbacks :(

Last edit: by tamiya nut.

Re: Marui Hunter 11 years 5 months ago #15321

Hi Tamiya-Nut,
parts aren't too bad to get, you just have to be patient. My very first rc car was a Mauri Galaxy RS, very similar to a hunter and they share probably 90% of parts. I needed only a new motor mount and after 2 years of searching I have 5 Galaxy's and a hunter in different states from runner/basher to enough parts to make completely new car. Hasn't cost me the earth either. Common problems are cheaper plastic, broken rear shock mounts at the rear and the gear mounted in the chassis wears out the mounted holes.

I have some spare parts so could probably help out little once you know what you need. I also have a manual for the hunter, so happy to send you a scan. So good luck with the restore!

regards
Johann

Re: Marui Hunter 11 years 5 months ago #15322

well depending on how much you want to spend, you could get this and have the other for parts?

www.ebay.com.au...4609ed593e

www.ebay.com.au...4609ee84c4

www.ebay.com.au...4609edbebf

www.ebay.com.au...4609ed873b
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

Last edit: by AndyAus.

Re: Marui Hunter 11 years 5 months ago #15323

Thanks for the advice ill post some pics up when i get it next week Yogi bear i know i need some rear wheels or ill have to adapt a pair to fit it somehow i also need the cover for the receiver area on the chassis if you have one i will let you know of anything else i need thanks for the help :y:

Re: Marui Hunter 11 years 5 months ago #15326

I have a mint condition cover I don't need, its even still on the sprue! Don't have any spare rear wheels though, but if you are using it as a runner, a new set with an adapter might be better.

There is a fairly detailed rebuild thread of a galaxy at rc10 talk;
www.rc10talk.co...33&t=18492

he replaced the tyres and has a useful mod in case your rear shock towers are cracked.

Re: Marui Hunter 11 years 5 months ago #15327

Yogi-bear id sure be grateful of that cover if you are happy to part with it let me know a price and ill paypal and let you have my address im getting the car at the end of the week so ill put some pics up so you can give me any input on it. im hoping the shock mounts wont be cracked but looking at a few threads it looks like a commom problem so im not hopeful. Thanks for that link its a good read :y:

I also need a rear bumper as im told its cracked from hitting a curb if you have one ?

Last edit: by tamiya nut.

Re: Marui Hunter 11 years 5 months ago #15328

Hi Tamiya-nut, enough to cover postage will do. Did you want to wait until it arrives in case you need anything else? Otherwise I can post in the next day or two.

Re: Marui Hunter 11 years 5 months ago #15332

Yogi-bear thats awesome of you thanks a lot i really appreciate it i will wait until i get the car if thats ok ill post some pics up and we can take it from there and sort it out. I have sent you a pm with my address already id like you to see the car and we can see if its worth a resto i should pick it up by next weekend. Thanks again B)

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.332 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.