Keyword

TOPIC:

Re: Marui Hunter 11 years 5 months ago #15379

Ok Yogi-Bear i went and collected the Hunter tonight as i wanted to get a look at it see the pics below. It had been stored in the loft in a box but the box had opened and it was full of attic dust.

Im glad to say the car is in ok condition just needs a good clean up and the rear shock mounts are undamaged as is what remains of the car. The parts i need up to now are the receiver cover we mentioned and a rear bumper as the one fitted is snapped.

Surprisingly the body is undamaged and the paint seems to be peeling off by itself a little work and im hoping to rescue it with a new set of decals as the originals have dust underneath them.

It looks rather sad at the moment but i have restored worse cars than this and i am only looking to make it a runner so it does not need to be perfect i am hoping to do it on the cheap. i will do a strip down and clean before rebuilding i may start a thread if anyone is interested in it.

If you have the parts id really appreciate them let me know what it costs you and i will refund the money through paypal if you pm me your email address.

Thanks for looking :y:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by tamiya nut.

Re: Marui Hunter 11 years 5 months ago #15380

And some more pics of the manual etc almost as good as the Tamiya manuals B)

Attachments:

Re: Marui Hunter 11 years 5 months ago #15381

of course we want to see a rebuild :)
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

Re: Marui Hunter 11 years 5 months ago #15384

it wont be on par with the usual threads on here but ill keep updating on the rebuild :)

Re: Marui Hunter 11 years 5 months ago #15387

After one hour with a toothbrush and de-solv-it graffiti remover:

Attachments:

Re: Marui Hunter 11 years 5 months ago #15395

dusty for sure, but the car looks good, a good clean will do wonders, and good to see the paint was easy to get off. I had to clean my mini shell once, that took me several days!

I don't have a spare bumper either, they are usually the first to break, and judging by the condition I'd say the car hasn't had that much use. If memory serves me correctly the bumper on my Galaxy didn't last too many crashes.

I pm'd my email and cost for freight,

regards

Johann

Re: Marui Hunter 11 years 5 months ago #15397

Body came up well! Can you remember what type/brand paint was on it?

I nearly bought one of these back in the 80s. I can't remember if it was when I came home with my Grasshopper or the Wild One, but I was also looking at the Mardave Apache. I thought the Hunter was the best-looking of the cars, but Mr model shop told me to buy something else.

Interesting front end. Rear's a terrible setup, nearly as bad as something Tamiya would've come up with! (Super Champ). Single wishbones, a multitude of linkages, & the wheels have a dangerous camber - it's just wrong, suspension just shouldn't work like that...

Re: Marui Hunter 11 years 5 months ago #15467

Made a little progress with the body tonight painted it with a spare can of my favourite colour ps-23 gunmetal. I had it lying around so opted to use it as im trying to keep the cost down on this as its only going to be a runner. unfortunately after i had painted the wing i found a hairline crack in it so i will need to replace this....im not too bothered if its an original hunter item as long as it looks ok when finished if anyone has a spare wing lying around id be happy to buy it from them let me know. I am ordering a set of repro decals so will apply them to finish it off. Thanks for looking

Eddrick i have no idea what paint it was sorry

Chassis is now stripped ready for rebuilding pics to follow
Attachments:

Last edit: by tamiya nut.

Re: Marui Hunter 11 years 5 months ago #15468

Kamtec do a cheap "wing only" package for the Tamiya Frog - would that fit?

Re: Marui Hunter 11 years 5 months ago #15469

Thats a great idea i have compared my re release frog and the holes even line up perfectly :y:

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.236 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.