Keyword

TOPIC:

Re: Marui Hunter 11 years 5 months ago #15839

I have been thinking about a cheap speed controller for this to get it up and running i have noticed some really cheap ones from china see the link below. Do you guys think this will run it ok? or am i wasting my money should i go for a teu 101 or similar?

rover.ebay.com/...35bef558e3

I have a couple of these. They seem ok, but I don't drive the cars that have these too hard, and they run stock 540 motors. One car I've even driven twice into sea water with minimal protection and it still runs.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Edou. Reason: Missing quote character added ;-)

Re: Marui Hunter 11 years 5 months ago #15842

Thanks for your help Yogi bear thats a great story and its nice you still have the Tamiya catalogue i will keep an eye on those wheels they look perfect just what im after but i will also need a rear wheel fitting as im missing one with the chassis i have, failing that ill adapt something to fit. I have no intention of running this hard so might get one of those esc.

Regards

Re: Marui Hunter 11 years 5 months ago #15843

I'll put in a wheel adapter too, they aren't too big.
The following user(s) Liked this: tamiya nut

Re: Marui Hunter 11 years 5 months ago #15846

Thats awesome thank you! Looking forward to receiving them :)

Re: Marui Hunter 11 years 5 months ago #15871

ok, that washer and two adapters posted today. It went as a letter, so nice and cheap

Re: Marui Hunter 11 years 5 months ago #15872

Thanks a lot ill post pics up when they arrive and are fitted :)

Re: Marui Hunter 11 years 5 months ago #15881

These are the wheels after placing them on different grades of wet and dry paper on a flat surface and sanding out the worst of the kerb marks on the outer rims. They have come up ok and with a fresh coat of paint should look passable for a runner. the worst one is the bottom left which had a really nasty dink taken out of it. i am however missing one of the rear rims from the buggy so am unsure what path to take. either try and pick up a single loose rim off ebay which is hopeful at best or purchase a whole new set as Yogi bear provided the link for. the third option is to try and make none standard set fit?

I was also looking at re-mounting the motor tonight but have a couple of small problems. I have managed to get hold of a teu104 tamiya speed controller however it has bullet connections where the kit motor from this has just bare wires. I dont want to butcher the esc and cut the bullet connectors off so need some motor wires with the bullet connectors on if anyone has a spare set they can sell me please get in touch.

Also i noted when turning the motor it has hardly any resistance at all is this normal? and sorry for the newbie question but can anyone identify what the electrical items are soldered to the motors terminals what do they do out of curiosity and do i need to replace them when i solder the new wires on?

Regards

Attachments:

Last edit: by tamiya nut.

Re: Marui Hunter 11 years 5 months ago #15886

Refitted motor and two gear covers see pics

Re: Marui Hunter 11 years 5 months ago #15891

Also i noted when turning the motor it has hardly any resistance at all is this normal? and sorry for the newbie question but can anyone identify what the electrical items are soldered to the motors terminals what do they do out of curiosity and do i need to replace them when i solder the new wires on?

Regards

They are Capacitors there to reduce the electrical 'noise' given off due to the DC motor's commutators constantly making and breaking the circuit as they spin. The switching creates small electrical arcs which generate wideband RF. Without them, the motors can create interference, The caps are really there to prevent any Radio frequency noise produced by the arcing interfering with your radio gear.
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

Last edit: by AndyAus.

Re: Marui Hunter 11 years 5 months ago #15911

ok, here are a couple of rear wheel combinations I tried from what I had laying around. All these also needed matching adapters too.

first is the original rims, it looks good, but will cost and is not easy to replace

or you could try a set of hotshot rear tires. You will need a spacer at the front though.

hornet tires will also fit, but there isn't much thread left to do up the nut, and you will have to widen the hole on the hornet adapter about 0.5 mm

metal SRB rims look the treat, but there is not room to thread the nut on, so modifications are needed

lastly I had some Super Hornet rims, these actually come off a old galaxy I bought, again minimal room to tighten the nut, but it will tighten.

Last edit: by yogi-bear.
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.429 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.