Keyword

TOPIC:

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 4 weeks 1 day ago #78128

I love the RM 01
The following user(s) Liked this: GToddC5

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 3 weeks 6 days ago #78140

I received a package today...

Marui RC catalogue, Year 1986. For some reasons, this is a very important piece of Marui history :-)
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, Al, Ducksnuts, GToddC5

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 3 weeks 6 days ago #78141

Ooohhh nice ! Any info about the 956 rothmans??? Looks like a tamtech scale. 

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 3 weeks 6 days ago #78146

Not sure about the scale of that one, but 4WD belt driven and no steering...
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 3 weeks 6 days ago #78147

A gift from my darling.
really funny to build same if it is a small size lego. 
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Ducksnuts, GToddC5

Last edit: by stingray-63.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 3 weeks 5 days ago #78152

Jimny Blue, and perhaps my best purchase thus far in the hobby: An unfinished and abandoned built, early Monster Beetle. I say early, as it has the MRC sticker on the box, white body, and Johnson motor. If I'm wrong then please correct me! I say abandoned, because it was obviously nearly finished, but then what? All remaining parts are still on the parts trees! The box shows wear from maybe surviving moves several times over the decades - who knows. Somehow I was the only bidder on this and got it way lower than it should have been. Perhaps poor presentation was to blame? The pics were taken after I removed everything and organized a bit. I still can't believe this:

IG_tamiyaddiction
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Ducksnuts

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 3 weeks 5 days ago #78153

• Al
  • Hog Heaven
  • Hog Heaven
Nice score on the MB Todd, I love those rare moments when no one else bids on an item. I doesn’t happen often, but it’s sweet when it does.
Are you going to finish the build ?
The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim, GToddC5

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 3 weeks 5 days ago #78154

Nice score on the MB Todd, I love those rare moments when no one else bids on an item. I doesn’t happen often, but it’s sweet when it does.
Are you going to finish the build ?

I almost feel obligated to complete it, even though I sourced one last year that is on the rebuild list, this one was just too cool to pass up! It doesn't make sense to leave it the way it is because it's not sealed/NIB and it's not a shelf queen - I don't know what this is referred to in the hobby - New Old Build? Now my thoughts are to unload the previously purchased model and spend the time to disassemble at least the gearbox, replace bushings with bearings, etc. on this one. Paint it leaving traces of white underneath, find a power switch and decide if I want to use the ESC or the MSC. The ESC was a total surprise. If it came with two servos I wouldn't even be on the fence about it, just use the ESC in another build. Decisions . . .
IG_tamiyaddiction
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

Last edit: by GToddC5.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 3 weeks 5 days ago #78155

Ooohhh yeahhhh! Nice really early mb Todd. It will be a new built . If I was you, I keep the msc, build it boxart and put it on a shelf. I had my fav in the same conditions . Only my bid and a very cheap price.
The following user(s) Liked this: GToddC5

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 3 weeks 5 days ago #78156

Ooohhh yeahhhh! Nice really early mb Todd. It will be a new built . If I was you, I keep the msc, build it boxart and put it on a shelf. I had my fav in the same conditions . Only my bid and a very cheap price.

I'm definitely partial to MSC for all kits that were supplied with them - so much part of the charm for me. I just confirmed that I happen to have a NOS Futaba FP-148 servo, so that solves that one! I'm also partial to box art for sure. 
IG_tamiyaddiction
The following user(s) Liked this: Al

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.751 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.