Keyword

TOPIC:

What did you do today? 3 years 3 weeks ago #65494

Yeahhh nice!
The following user(s) Liked this: silvertriple, jord001

Please Log in to join the conversation.

What did you do today? 3 years 3 weeks ago #65497

Should be fun racing around a garden like yours. Not enough room in mine and no grass..  Make some ramps for jumps that you can move around the track. Don't forget to do a vid. 

Regards

Lee
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, silvertriple

What did you do today? 3 years 3 weeks ago #65498

Will try to do a video, but driving a R/C car and filiming at the same time is probably close to impossible for me... So we'll see...

Anycase, first run with a Slash, and I can tell you that declivity and curve is hard to deal with, specially with the curve going toward the top of the slope... Have done a few barrel rolls already :)
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al, jord001

Last edit: by silvertriple.

What did you do today? 3 years 3 weeks ago #65503

Vive le slash
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

What did you do today? 3 years 3 weeks ago #65506

Track run are fun :-D. Learnings of the day:
- Slash (not a LCG version). Arriving too fast in the curve with the slope towards the outside of the curve is a definitive way to do barrel rolls. Beside that, the Slash is fun and fast, and ideal for the garden (big one)
- DT03. Few learnings here. One the front is too light, it tends to go wheelie (even with the Torque Tuned) as soon as you pull the trigger at 100%... Then the issue is to get the front wheel on the ground to turn. Not much issue like with the slash in the curves, it doesn't barrel roll, but it slides... And the grass is actually quite difficult for the engine and the ESC. The TBLE-02S hitted heat protection at some point, right around the Lipo Storage voltage. The motor was quite hot at that time.
- Turbo Scorpion : with the 13.5T brushless motor, that's plenty of torque, and it tends also to wheelie a bit, specially when you are not on the track (where the grass is higher). And beside this, on the track itself it is easy to manage... But too fast in the curve, is not as bad as with the slash, but it finishes sometimes with a barrel roll. It's my preferred car so far...

I won't run the Hornet today, as I need smaller Lipo to do it. But will come in time. I'll go for another run with the Slash and will have a sort of cleaing of all the rigs...

Anycase, that's perfect for fun, but I will need to do some improvement to the track (like a banking in at least one of the curves)... Not sure my domestic dragon will be ok with this :-D
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001

What did you do today? 3 years 3 weeks ago #65508

if I can give you an advice, invest in GPM big cvd for the slash. They are the only ones I didn't explose with my vxl slash. To end mine I need a new sleeper. Mine is exploded to. And surely a new 3s stick.

CVD you said? My son did broke the left rear cvd just now. He needs to learn to measure himself on the trigger.

He wanted to race his father. We started the race. He ran fast, I passed him at the first left turn, he took over in the next straight line, then I took over at the next left turn. Then there was this right turn with slope toward the left. He pull the trigger full once again and started to turn without relaxing the trigger. He surely had the advantage until his slash was flying away with quadruple axel and finished on the ground just near the finish line... I continued my lap, and passed next to him while he was stating the damage : the rear left wheel decided to separate from the chassis. CVD is dead, right at the place where the pin is inside to pull the hex. In short, he did not lost the pin, the hex or the ball bearing, but I won... I will have a look later on at the exploded view and will look for replacement...

That being said, being a RTR and my son was so impatient, I did not have the time to check the mounts. The way it is broken let me think that maybe be the nut was torqued too high... Anycase, parts to be ordered, and should be fairly easy to find, and he will be back on the track... But he needs to learn to be sensitive on the trigger...

After this, he did run his DT03, but the tires are just like absent on his DT03 (he loves to run it on the asphalt...). I guess new tires will help...

What did you do today? 3 years 3 weeks ago #65513

The following user(s) Liked this: silvertriple, jord001

What did you do today? 3 years 3 weeks ago #65514

Today I did some more on the Lunchy then spilled a load of screws in the spares box so decided to empty the box and reorganise it. Then carry on with the Lunchy build. Came across a slight problem. They seem to have changed the size of the ball joints on the steering with the new builds so I had to change the ball joints on the steering servo. Lucky I had a bag of ball joints. 

Stingray The black screws work great 
Regards

Lee

What did you do today? 3 years 3 weeks ago #65516

Yep on rere they puted modern ball joints with big wires. That's a good thing IMO.
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

What did you do today? 3 years 3 weeks ago #65517

Still hoping to get some primer on various bits ... snow yesterday, below freezing this morning :whistle:

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.