Keyword

TOPIC:

What did you do today? 3 years 3 weeks ago #65518

Today sent the order for a new haul, not much. Rims for the 306, blue body clips, some spare parts for my rally car, a tamiya sticker on my 1:1 car, a carbon battery plate for my ff02 and a cool Pink motor plate for my GT01. Can't wait to prime and paint the rims!
Viva la e po' bom
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001

Please Log in to join the conversation.

What did you do today? 3 years 3 weeks ago #65519

Nice.
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

What did you do today? 3 years 2 weeks ago #65533

I thought I pressed submit but obviously I hadn't, so this was yesterdays stuff.. 

I ordered some more bits :) another couple of sets of those alloy shocks and a really small set to see what they are like, some new black metal rod ends and some rods as everything RC seems to have put on weight over the years :) 4 x mg996 metal geared 12kg Servos from Amazon. (I ordered this morning they came before 5 this afternoon, super!) A pair of carbon fibre chassis rails, a 10 pack of 4mm ball head screws and some m3 x 300mm and m4x 300mm stainless steel rod so I can make my own steering bars or any bar any size i need. Oh and I ordered m2, m3, m4 & m5 brass tube.
As the Lunchy is almost ready to go (Wheels and shell left to get) I had to order a battery, I ordered 2x 3600 NIMH for the time being, they will be here tomorrow. I have plans for lipo in the future, but not yet.
My charger still works but had to fix a banana plug on the Tamiya lead. All good now. Repurposed an old variable voltage laptop psu to run the charger. Installed the Servos and speed controller on the Lunchy. took a few pics, its almost there. I can put some old wheels and tyres on to test. 

Almost there, just new wheels and shell and it will sit in pride of place as my 1st hobby RC 

I put the old shell on to see how it looked. I'm pleased with it so far.. 

Tool and spares box all nice and almost tidy

Anyone need hotshot gears? I need the insides for the Lunchy or Hornet gearbox if anyone has them to swap? 

Lee

Regards

Lee
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

What did you do today? 3 years 2 weeks ago #65556

Cold but shiny day. The lunchybrid cover is drying for several hours. Glued with araldit epoxy type glue.
Attachments:

What did you do today? 3 years 2 weeks ago #65591

Received today the servos planned for the Hornet and Super Storm Dragon. I replaced the temporary ones right away... Received as well a battery Li-Ion intended for the Mini Lunchbox (which has some very specific requirements in this area). Looking at it next to my Robitronic stick, I have very bad idea which would allow to have a 4S battery for the Hornet  ... As a friend say, power is everything, and power is never enough... Maybe tempted to think more about this... Joking!!! ESC won't like it I believe, and not sure about the 540.

That being said, I'm still awaiting for the Lipo ready for the Hornet (134 mm length) to arrive. This Li Ion battery maybe a way to allow it to run in the meantime, but I'm not exactly sure about the 540 current draw... This might be too much for the battery (Li-Ion - 2S - 1500 mAh - 10C)... 

Also received glitch buster ordered on amazon, but they were not properly cabled (jr connector, ground and signal rather than ground and positive). I tweaked them and got them properly connected, but complained anyway... Let's see what comes out of this...
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)

What did you do today? 3 years 2 weeks ago #65595

As I have been out of the loop for such a long time, what is a glitch buster.  ?  A hornet with a 4s? that's nuts, it will melt on the spot lol. 

Lee
Regards

Lee

What did you do today? 3 years 2 weeks ago #65597

Well: it is a condensator you plug on your receiver to attenuate the effect of the current draw peaks. It acts as a secondary temp battery to avoid ESC's bec overload. Most of the servo I had are over the 1.5A supposed limit of the TBLE-02S (as per its specification). This should avoid any issue (specially when using a receiver with Stability control).
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)

Last edit: by silvertriple.

What did you do today? 3 years 1 week ago #65692

The datsun took a better face . :)
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro, silvertriple, jord001

What did you do today? 3 years 1 week ago #65716

Today I started on Lunchy 2. I used the black cap head self tapping screws I got the other day, they look great.

I put Lunchy 3's gearbox together but it sounds a bit clicky and occasionally locks up so there is an issue somewhere.. Not sure what the problem is but I will sort that out when I need to.

Not a very busy day but I did something.

lee

Had to go out with my dad so while on my travels I popped past my local model shop and they were open. So I stopped and grabbed a can of TS16 yellow. 

Regards

Lee
Attachments:

What did you do today? 3 years 1 week ago #65717

Did you put the axle in the center of the main sprue of the diff?

Last edit: by stingray-63.
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.426 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.