Keyword

TOPIC:

What did you do today? 3 years 1 month ago #65347

Ok.... The motor has a matter...
removed the brocken parts. And it runs but it will lose some perf. 
I'm disgusted...
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim, jord001

Please Log in to join the conversation.

What did you do today? 3 years 1 month ago #65351

Had to work today and working tomorrow too, but I came home to a few small packages, 20 bearings for the lunchbox/hornet or anything that uses 5 x 11 x 4 plus a couple of 5 x 8 x 2.5 and a small tripod for my camera so I can possibly film what i'm doing when doing the restorations/builds oh and I got some new scissors for cutting lexan yesterday, Ordered some parts from banggood and aliexpress, oil shocks, a servo horn and a cheap rear solid axle for a possible project, Not sure of the quality but we shall see. It was all cheap so not expecting much. 

Regards

Lee
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

Last edit: by jord001.

What did you do today? 3 years 1 month ago #65352

Yeahhhh good news. 
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

What did you do today? 3 years 1 month ago #65353

Dude! That sucks!

What did you do today? 3 years 1 month ago #65355

This sunday was paint day today...
Not fully happy with the result, as once you get too much layers it is very difficult to remove the mask without damaging the paint around the details...

But I won't redo for the Hornet. The objective was mainly to get a visible paint which allows to stand out in the crowd for a race :-D and eventually is so visbile that it disturb the oponents... I think it will do it :-D

Next is driver figure paint and led lights installation, and finally mark this build as finished...

I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, jord001

What did you do today? 3 years 3 weeks ago #65411

semi Lockdown announced ...

What did you do today? 3 years 3 weeks ago #65412

semi Lockdown announced ...

Well... From Saturday onwards, no more than 10 kms around home, kids at home. I'm almost full time remote work from march last year, at least on this it doesn't change anything...
But kids being at home for the following month will be difficult for sure...

Anycase, today, I installed lights on The Hornet, and worked a bit on the driver figures between two meetings...
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001

What did you do today? 3 years 3 weeks ago #65415

You'll have to charge several aq 😂

What did you do today? 3 years 3 weeks ago #65429

well, likely... That being said, I'm working like badword currently with two critical project at work (working both earlier and later than usual office work time - the travels really put bondaries we don't have when home working)... It took a week to finish my two driver heads

The Hornet project will be finished tomorrow, just in time to be ready to start a new one when it will be delivered...
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, jord001

What did you do today? 3 years 3 weeks ago #65430

I didn't get much done today, had a terrible nights sleep so I was tired all day. However a few things arrived in the post:
A couple of screw bags + head 3x8 and 3x12 x 100 in black, I also have the same sizes but with cap heads ordered but they're still in the post.
Crystals x 2 frequencies
Servo tester, don't know how that works yet :) 
Lunchy gearbox cases arrived so put one back together with new bearings and then fitted it to the chassis. No motor yet, I think I will pop the original silver can back in as its going to be mainly on the shelf with just the odd run. I somehow lost the 5 x 5.5 spacer that goes on the one rear drive shaft when I stripped the gearbox. Lucky I had one on a random drive shaft in my spares box so after a lot of googling I found out this spacer was in screw bag C So I ordered 2 bags so I will have a spare spacer. I'm sure I can get some brass 5mm tube to make some in the future. 
Regards

Lee
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.248 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.