Keyword

TOPIC:

What did you do today? 3 years 1 week ago #66081

My fav camo is a little too dark
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Please Log in to join the conversation.

What did you do today? 3 years 1 week ago #66082

Good day today. Fixing the bbq wich didn't support the winter very well. And cleaning the workshop. "Garden" has been made Yesterday. 

What did you do today? 3 years 1 week ago #66093

I've given up on BBQs due to the short life (even some quite high end gas powered ones) & bought a propane powered plancha a few years ago ... it gets a thorough clean with clutch/brake cleaner & WD40 at the end of autumn & gets wheeled into the shed to overwinter.

You just have to remember to let the WD40 burn off for 10 minutes the first time you use it :)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001

What did you do today? 3 years 1 week ago #66095

It is a gift from my daughter and her boyfriend. Propan to. But it doesn't support heat and winter. I repaired the the cover today. All was rusted. I am very desappointed. I think that the web protection didn't help and keep the moisture into. And I can't protect it inside.

What did you do today? 3 years 1 week ago #66097

The .50 machine gun. ;)

aaah hahaha   Yes the PO has filled the whole really well so I figured I may as well leave it ;) 
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

What did you do today? 3 years 1 week ago #66098

Had to work the last couple of days so haven't done much apart from relax when I get home. I did attempt to 3D print some alternate wheels for Lunchy 3 with which I had mixed results. First pair of wheels failed after about half the height of the wheel.. So I contacted the person who designed them and he got back to me with some info on how he printed them. So attempt 2 was better but I snapped one in half when removing them from the printer, I still had 1 (front) that didn't break so I cleaned it up and it may be usable. 

You can see half way up where there is less adhesion of the layers, this is where the other snapped off.

So again I msg'd the guy and he got back to me. I needed to increase the infill. It auto sets the infill to 15% it needed to be 50%. 

This setting worked, and after 8 hours I had a good wheel.

I put it next to the not so good one (top) and there is a clear difference. You may not see well on the photo. 

I will now print a 2nd front and 2 rears as they look quite cool and different from the standard Lunchy wheel. I did find a 3 spoke wheel the same as the monster beetle/blackfoot too which may also be fun to print. 

Still doing research on the best filament to use for wheels and parts. The guy who designed the lunchy wheel said he just used pla which can be quite brittle but its held up to his son bashing the car about quite a lot with no signs of breaking, However I will look to making one that's less brittle. 

Had a couple of parcels arrive so will share what I got shortly.

Lee
Regards

Lee
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro, Manotas, stingray-63, Lemsko

Last edit: by jord001.

What did you do today? 3 years 1 week ago #66100

I love the hotwheels type rims.

What did you do today? 3 years 1 week ago #66102

They take 7 hours per wheel to print so i'm glad they look good lol.  I am doing research as to which is the best material to print them with thats less brittle and less prone to snap.  I believe the chassis are abs so I have something to work on. Just printing some printer upgrades and then I will set the rear wheels off. 

Regards

Lee

What did you do today? 3 years 1 week ago #66103

So today after doing a little shopping and seeing my dad,  I brought the 3D printer files for the Hornet battery cover and front grasshopper cutdown bumper from Ampro Engineering so also working out the best stuff to print them with too. I know they use Nylon combined with another process but I don't have that technology, so I will use the next best thing that i'm able to print

I set about repairing my original Lunchy chassis as it had a crack in it and my original shell which is still in clamps. it was quite badly cracked but it looks like its bonding together.
Signed up for a Fusion 360 course so I can learn a bit of 3D modelling, I think this will come in very handy.

My aim is to make some chassis braces for the Hornet and Grasshopper plus wheels that are out of production like the big bear wheels. I've found the files for Marui super wheelie wheels and alternative wheels, spiked and slick tyres and tyres for the samurai. I don't know if I will be able to print the tyres but I will have a go as soon as I can get the right material and the confidence that my printer will be able to do it

Lee. 
Regards

Lee
Attachments:

What did you do today? 3 years 1 week ago #66105

I think 3d printed wheels to have 100% infill to be the strong as possible.
Also think nylon is they to go with suspension parts or pla +.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.254 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.