Keyword

TOPIC:

What did you do today? 3 years 1 week ago #66131

It is the same matter on hotshots, df01 ta01 02...
maybe the ta03 ones are softer and the same as the ta02
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Please Log in to join the conversation.

What did you do today? 3 years 1 week ago #66132

Week-end started at 17:30 today.

It's 23:00 and already made quite a few things... Weather won't be good this week-end, so no chance to do the Lunchbox hard body, as I need to paint it first things; Did reshuffled my plans accordingly.

- first few checks on Hunter chassis and some measurements... I've not unbuilt them yet. but had more detailed look at some details to estimate what can be used, and what may require change. On the good chassis, everything which is here seems in perfect state. On the other one, some parts are good, but not as much as I expected. I may have to find more things I initially expected if I want to have a shelf buggy and one running...
- after the dinner I decided to start the Super HotShot build. Rear and Front gearbox are now built. I may not be able to move this one forward tomorrow. The target is still to finish it no earlier  than June. I've taken a few pics, but won't publish anything until at least the chassis is finished

Tomorrow is mainly non r/c activities planed both morning and afternoon... And with the rain expected, there is faire chances I won't take any of the buggys out tomorrow... But in anycase, tomorrow is another day :-)
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Lemsko, jord001

What did you do today? 3 years 1 week ago #66138

First thing today is that our program changed...
And therefore spend sometime today on R/C activities. Time will tell if I do more this afternoon, as it is now time for some research...

Anycase, I did unbuild the broken Marui Hunter chassis.

That should allow me to have better data regarding my main concern (ie: idle gear for those who don't follow) beside the reinforcement of the shock towers, as beside this point, most of the usual chassis issues should be solvable by ball bearings...

I'll post the detail data in the Marui Hunter thread I initiated for those who may have an idea that I didn't thought about yet...

That's all for the time being, folks :-D
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, AndyAus, Lemsko, jord001

What did you do today? 3 years 1 week ago #66141

Service day number two today.
Still on my CC01.

What happens when a damper leaks over long time onto plastic?
As seen here, it is similar to when you loose brake fluid on your paintwork.
In my case it was like the damper oil was baked onto the chassis.

The shock itself was no better..

Cleaned, fitted with new o rings amd filled with 30wt oil.

My second damper in progress.
I want to prolong the o ring life (new Tamiya red ones) and I don't hava associated green slime which is commonly used to lubricate o rings.
But I do have marine grease, so that is what I used.
Idea is the waterproof grease will hold the damper fluid.

Did the rear dampers as well.
These was leak free, so these was only cleaned and refilled with new damper oil.

This was the shock oil I used this time. I was out of Axial one this time.
I don't actually own any Tamiya bottles right now, I might have some small ones that comes with kits, but not enough for 4 shocks.

Happy to report dampers works perfect again 
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, silvertriple, jord001

What did you do today? 3 years 1 week ago #66145

strange reaction with oil. I never saw that before. Except dirt and gp gasoline concret on very old chassis...

What did you do today? 3 years 1 week ago #66177

Had a bit of adjustment work with the crane

Proud owner of the Bruiser Family
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, AndyAus, silvertriple, jord001

What did you do today? 3 years 1 week ago #66178

Rooohhhh awesome :o

What did you do today? 3 years 1 week ago #66189

Nice one, this looks great. 

Today I planned on going out with the wife but we got up too late.
My heated box arrived for the 3D printer filament last night but when I opened the package it was a roll of filament?  I called Amazon and explained, they told me that they would refund me and I could keep the filament or throw it away. The refund appeared and I reordered the heated box. It arrived dinner time today.

The Lunchy body has glued well and seems quite strong. I will add some styrene behind the crack to strengthen it a bit more.

Managed to repair the 2 stress cracks and fill in the piece of rim, filed it down and its looking good, 

New Lunchy #3 hot wheels fit the tyres well. Still haven't printed the rears yet but won't be too far away. 

Couple more things to show in next post (ran out of photo amount)

Lee

Regards

Lee
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Last edit: by jord001.

What did you do today? 3 years 1 week ago #66195

The couple of other things are sponges for the tyres.. As I said, the pipe insulation isn't cutting it so I got myself a load of sponges from the local £1 shop. (£1 for a pack of 3)
Marked them up and cut the circle out then the core. It fits in the Big Bear tyre quite nicely and with the center inserted it plumps the tyre very nicely. I have yet to try them on Lunchy tyres. 

Started to mock up a brace for the Hornet chassis.

This isnt anywhere near what I want but its a start to see the shape I need minus some holes to make it more like a frame type brace. It may not fit underneath without snagging the steering or suspension arms so working on it going on top and around the steering servo. 

It doesn't fit very well at all as it moves down the chassis but I will work on it. It is only the very start of the brace creation. 

Started the Fusion 360 3D modelling basics course so hopefully in a week or so I will have enough knowledge to create the frame brace to some extent. 
I'm also going to attempt to recreate the big bear wheels once I learn a bit more. 

Thats it for now.

Lee

Regards

Lee
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, silvertriple

Last edit: by jord001.

What did you do today? 3 years 6 days ago #66198

Nice one, this looks great. 

Today I planned on going out with the wife but we got up too late.
My heated box arrived for the 3D printer filament last night but when I opened the package it was a roll of filament?  I called Amazon and explained, they told me that they would refund me and I could keep the filament or throw it away. The refund appeared and I reordered the heated box. It arrived dinner time today.

The Lunchy body has glued well and seems quite strong. I will add some styrene behind the crack to strengthen it a bit more.

Managed to repair the 2 stress cracks and fill in the piece of rim, filed it down and its looking good, 

New Lunchy #3 hot wheels fit the tyres well. Still haven't printed the rears yet but won't be too far away. 

Couple more things to show in next post (ran out of photo amount)

Lee

I love these rims.. 

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.278 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.