Keyword

TOPIC:

What did you do today? 3 years 4 days ago #65925

The thing is not arrived yet and still on the way, I already started to search for parts for it... It's going to be hard. I already identified some of the parts on shapeways store (3D printed repros), but would definitely prefer some original ones. That being said, there is few parts I can't find on internet already, and I've not received the buggy (yes, it's a buggy) to confirm which are the missing parts, and which ones needs to be replaced... I do assume it will take time to source all of this....
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Please Log in to join the conversation.

What did you do today? 3 years 4 days ago #65926

Wich buggy Marc? 
The following user(s) Liked this: silvertriple, jord001

What did you do today? 3 years 4 days ago #65927

It's a very particular model for me... What can I tell without telling everything?

Oh, yeah, I know. Rear wheels camber is just like front wheels camber on a Lunchbox :-D

Last edit: by silvertriple.

What did you do today? 3 years 4 days ago #65928

Is it a tamiya?

What did you do today? 3 years 4 days ago #65929

Hey, Flo, I won't give any information on the brand untlil I can open the box :)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001

What did you do today? 3 years 4 days ago #65930

Rooohhhhh...  So, it's a tamiya. Rear camber, that's a SRB. rough rider, sand scorcher, ranger xlt or super champ.  :P

What did you do today? 3 years 4 days ago #65931

Or sand rover / holiday buggy

What did you do today? 3 years 4 days ago #65936

Had to do some retail therapy today, for the wife, While I was out I grabbed a load of aluminium shapes and rods. They will work great for chassis rails and plates. didnt spend too much either. Printed a set of Lunchy body mounts and the rear gearbox stabiliser then tried again with the body mounts as I thought they could have come out better. That failed so as the learning curve shows its face I added some supports and they printed good considering they were on low quality just as a test, Will try some at best quality in the coming days. They fit nicely and if they break I print some new ones :) 

Lee
Regards

Lee
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, silvertriple

What did you do today? 3 years 4 days ago #65937

Lee, 
3D printed parts are generally even more prone to failure than injection molded parts. If you are dong this for a shelve model it is fine, but if you plan to run, you may consider a different option. One of the reason I went for Lexan bodies is that I know that with my kids, the hard body won't survive for long, and the body mounts  as well... Therefore, once the body mounts are dead, I'll replace them by a threaded rod maintainted in position using electfric sugars on both side. That will also refinforce the chassis of the lunchbox. (will post a picture once done).

I have other Lunchbox mods planned:
- CVA dampers in place of the springs
- 5th damper to keep the natural behavior but make it smoother
- add reinforcement of the wheelie bar with a third fixation point to avoid damage on the gearbox
- adding reinforcement of the chassis: body mounts is one part of it, but I will use a U shaped aluminium profiled to do a brace between the dampers fixations on front and back

With those small mods, the Lunchbox should become a rock and will be virtually indestructible by my kids :-D

(and after all of that, I may consider a brushless combo :-D - Ok, no, this one is a joke)...

And by the way, Flo, nice list of rear camber buggys, but it is not one fo those :-D !!!!
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

What did you do today? 3 years 4 days ago #65939

I have a pair of reinforced lb body posts on my lb runner. They have been 3D printed. They never brocke.  It's not the case of the twin triangulation set for the cw01. 1 mini jump and 1 triangle broke.

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.311 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.