Keyword

TOPIC:

What did you do today? 2 years 9 months ago #67311

An egress a xv01 a tractor or a hi lift. A rop force evo...
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Please Log in to join the conversation.

What did you do today? 2 years 9 months ago #67313

Well, not really sure... The XV01 is part of the kit I would like to go for at some point... But not now... Maybe something completely different... No clue yet :-D
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001

What did you do today? 2 years 9 months ago #67318

Today I am experimenting with Petg filament on the 3D printer, trying to work out the best settings for it so I can print some suspension parts for Lunchy#2 and Lunchy#3. Same suspension parts for the FrankenHopper and Hornet so once I get a new hornet chassis I will use the old one for FrankenHornet :)  My Grandson is coming today to stay for the weekend so Hopefully we will go and run the Lunchboxes again. I'd better print some more body mounts lol.. 
Regards

Lee
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

What did you do today? 2 years 9 months ago #67322

For the PETG, I started with the manufacturer specifications, and ut seems right. 240° C for the noze, and 80 for the bed... For the rest, I kept the standard parameter for PETG in Cura slicer, and it seems ok...

That being said, it works, but for Lunchbox body mount, it is not solid enough... Need to consider an alternative way.
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

What did you do today? 2 years 9 months ago #67326

Some progress made today...

Next is shocks, electronic and there will be the roll cage and the pilot...

It definitely goes faster than expected.... And the paintjob is very limited

What did you do today? 2 years 9 months ago #67327

On my printer its 230 hot end and 60 for the bed and its perfect. Super smooth prints. Done a set of suspension arms for the Grasshopper, not 3 more sets for the Lunchy's and the Frankenhornet.  Ordered a 500g roll of HIPS to see if I can print that. then I got a couple of bodies I want to attempt. 

Regards

Lee
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, silvertriple

Last edit: by jord001.

What did you do today? 2 years 9 months ago #67332

Shocks are now done and mounted

Also installed the servo and the receiver. Next is ESC and motor. I need to identify the right way to pass the cables, and the right positioning of my motors as the tabs are really close from the motor guard itself once the motor is in the chassis...I'm tempted to add washers between the motor and the motor plate to allow more room... 

It's a nice build, and it is already reaching the 10 hours work...
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro, stingray-63, jord001

What did you do today? 2 years 9 months ago #67334

I had the same shocks on my rockie chassis. That's a nice chassis. Very interesting

What did you do today? 2 years 9 months ago #67335

Work is almost done. Remains the driver to paint and to build, and some decals... (or maybe a black roll cage if I can find one).

Followed the manual. At the end, I plugged the battery (RX was already bind), set the direction on reverse on the TX, adjusted the center point just looking at the wheels and it runs straight in both forward and backward (It is an Optima, I was told it is one of the characteristic of this chassis : it is easy to drive, as it is very sharp on this aspect).

I guess the paintjob for the driver won't be today (weather is actually bad, which is the reason I did work on this rather than doing something else)... As part of my next activity, I need to update my build threads...

What did you do today? 2 years 9 months ago #67337

Javelin is the javelin. DDE orange is the perfect color.
The following user(s) Liked this: silvertriple, jord001

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.287 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.