Please Log in to join the conversation.

What did you do today? 2 years 10 months ago #66961

Is the TT02 chassis really that bad? 

Pics of the rims on the Pajero..

Regards

Lee

What did you do today? 2 years 10 months ago #66962

The tt02 is not a so bad chassis but full plastic. It is more ugly.
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Last edit: by stingray-63.

What did you do today? 2 years 10 months ago #66963

So if i could get a TT-0 poo cheap its worth it.  I dont mind ugly, I used to drive a Lada Niva 4x4
Regards

Lee
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

What did you do today? 2 years 10 months ago #66966

So if i could get a TT-0 poo cheap its worth it.  I dont mind ugly, I used to drive a Lada Niva 4x4

I'm not sure is "ugly" is the right word for a TT-0n chassis, maybe "bland" or "charmless". The Pajero wheelie chassis is also all plastic, but has a certain amount of charm about it in the way it's constructed & drives.

The Niva might have been cheap, utilitarian, poor handling & noisy, but it also had charm - unlike the Riva.

I never owned a Soviet-era  vehicle, although in the late 80s an FSO 125p caught my eye in a car yard due to being 1/3 - 1/4 the price of cars the same age, but one quick look under the bonnet & seeing the full rainbow of corrosion colours (well, at least a tricolor of rust red, copper blue/green & alloy white) immediately put me off.

I also test drove a Skoda (pre- VAG days) Rapid Coupe 130 - incredibly agricultural & I suspect I dodged a bullet there, the dealer wanted 2 or 3 times what the car was worth so it was never going to happen. I also looked at a (private sale) Skoda Estelle 105, again overpriced but possibly bargain-downable ... however it was immediately obvious that the head was cracked or warped as it produced a level of fog not normally seen outside a Sisters of Mercy gig  :D

The following user(s) Liked this: Lemsko, jord001, mirrorman

What did you do today? 2 years 10 months ago #66972

The niva was the cheapest real 4x4 in france. The matter is when the ecologic tax arrived in france, the tax was more expensive than the vehicle itself. It was one of the most efficient to. Motorised by a old 1,7L psa. One of my uncle had a Skoda 110. It was the only one to start during the winter in the street. :D
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

What did you do today? 2 years 10 months ago #66980

One of my former friends had a Lada 1500S, think it was 76'
That car had the most insane heater I have ever come across. You litterly got burn marks on your leg if it was near the heater for more than 5 minutes on full blast.
But it better have as it could be lower than -50C in Siberian. No wonder there is still a lot of those cars still on the road in russia.
Just watch russian dash cam videos on Youtube, and you will spot one of those in nearly all the videos.

In Norway the Niva was known to be one of the best terrain vehicles ever to have been built due the full time 4x4 system.
They are also known to have a drinking problem due the full time 4x4.
And fun fact, the Niva is also known as "Froland Mercedes" in Norway due a place called Froland sold most of them in Norway and they gave a bit of status, or at least they thought so. Hence the Froland Mercedes nickname.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Lemsko, jord001, mirrorman

What did you do today? 2 years 10 months ago #66981

I found in my stock a tbird nascar body for my street spec trinity. It's a bolink body . 
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Lemsko, mirrorman

Last edit: by stingray-63.

What did you do today? 2 years 10 months ago #67058

My son wanted a Midnight Pumpkin, but he will likely run it with a polycarbonate Lunchbox body shell... I did not opened the box, but digged into the manuals for the two kits in order to understand how to allow the use of the two bodies with the same chassis.

The rear looks easy to solve by just combining the body mounts stl files and merge them...

The front is mode difficult, as the body mount from the Midnight Pumpkin are mounted toward the external side of the body... I decided to design a parts which will be mounted on top of the Lunchbox body and will be maintained with a body clip...

It should work. I'll print samples and will test as soon as my son is allowed to open the box (they both know that it won't be the case until they are in holidays, which means : "not yet")...
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001

Re:What did you do today? 2 years 10 months ago #67065

POW POW POWWWW.
out of box they are awesome. 
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, jord001

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.286 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.