Keyword

TOPIC:

What did you do today? 10 months 1 week ago #75786

Are you referring to the Technituned motor? Yes, I wish I could find other evidence of different size and rotated decals. The wires are an easy swap. My dilemma is not knowing if it's original and do I leave it alone, or slap on an MCI decal correctly positioned? I suppose I should also test to see if it runs at the claimed rpms for a Technituned, maybe even compare the rotor to the one I know is correct.

IG_tamiyaddiction
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko

Please Log in to join the conversation.

What did you do today? 10 months 1 week ago #75788

Wires should be red and black and bigger diameter. And silicon protector on wires.
The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim

What did you do today? 10 months 1 week ago #75789

I'm realy glad with this body. It will go in the south of france to be on a m04l.
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko, Ducksnuts

Last edit: by stingray-63.

What did you do today? 10 months 1 week ago #75794

Are you referring to the Technituned motor? Yes, I wish I could find other evidence of different size and rotated decals. The wires are an easy swap. My dilemma is not knowing if it's original and do I leave it alone, or slap on an MCI decal correctly positioned? I suppose I should also test to see if it runs at the claimed rpms for a Technituned, maybe even compare the rotor to the one I know is correct.

Don't think it's the Technigold knockoff either (MFA RX-15). They seems to be a tad more yellow in the gold than the real ones.
And like Flo said, the orginal Technigold har red and black fiberglass sleeved wires (you can see that in my BigWig thread)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

What did you do today? 10 months 1 week ago #75800

I had 2 sticks to empty today, so I decided to try the mf01x. Really fun to drive with the rear motor. A little overturn on gravel. But the issue with the higher trimming is that the left rear dogbone lives its life alone anytime. My solution is to put all lower arms in low trimming. Very fun drive with this 4wd mchassis. Next test on tarmac😋
The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim

What did you do today? 10 months 1 week ago #75804

Did some run this morning indoor at the club nearby. 1 pack passed with  the M05, and I damaged the printed body mount. Need to reprint some or find better solution...
Back home I finalized the design for the Marui 2WD transmission (it will be a strong one) :-)
WIth teh Super Wheelie, I got a working 2.4G small remote with a RX. I swap the RX in the Hornet, and will give it a go as spare ride we can hand to some kids around to play when we are around playing with rc cars at vintage event. Hornet and Hoppers are always good and funny to run, and it could be a good start for kids to play with (as matter of fact, I don't use the car anyore, as I prefer the Lunchbox for the same type of usage)...
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, Lemsko

What did you do today? 10 months 1 week ago #75827

I went to the Porsche museum in Stuttgart recently.  It was fascinating how many cars I knew specifically because of their Tamiya counterparts.  Here's one thing I found interesting.  It is well known how the legendary Tamiya Porsche 959 used an extremely fragile blow molded body that always ends up getting cracks and holes.  Now that I've seen the real car, it turns out that all the severely damaged Tamiya bodies are perfectly accurate!
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, AndyAus, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko, Ducksnuts, EddyCH, GToddC5

What did you do today? 10 months 1 week ago #75828

I love this car

What did you do today? 10 months 6 days ago #75829

Little love for the XX tonight, Cut the outer curves and dremeled the inner curves on the original body Cleaned up the wing and fitted some stickers, I have a new body to paint and sticker but this one was in such good condition it would have been a shame not to tidy it up Is Nice

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko, Ducksnuts, GToddC5

What did you do today? 10 months 6 days ago #75830

Too nice.

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.303 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.