Keyword

TOPIC:

What did you do today? 10 months 2 weeks ago #75573

She looks nice lem.
The following user(s) Liked this: Lemsko

Please Log in to join the conversation.

What did you do today? 10 months 2 weeks ago #75575

The biggest problem with the ORV chassis is the suspension mounting point on the trailing arms.
Rather than buy a new parts tree to replace this one on my Blackfoot, I seriously couldn’t bring myself to spend more money on this part.
Instead I thought I’d try fixing it ???
I thought I’d try using a piece of the black plastic from the parts tree and use my soldering iron to melt some more plastic into the crack.

A few of the mounting points were cracked on the M-02 chassis i picked up last year.  A quick-and-dirty fix is 2mm cable ties wrapped around the mount.
The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko

What did you do today? 10 months 2 weeks ago #75578

Finally got around to lengthening the Drift Pig's M-02 chassis, will get some better pics up later.
As winter has arrived, decided that the next couple months will be finishing off bits on the '57 Gasser, playing around with the M-02 suspension geometry, and clearing even more cr4p out the garage so i can do some skids!

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko

What did you do today? 10 months 1 week ago #75595

• AndyAus
  • AndyAus's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
Worked on the first car I broke last weekend, The input shaft snapped one of the tabs for the front and the rear didn't look far behind 😮 After thinking about the solution I settled on modifying a Boomerang version, All I needed to do was machine a groove for the E clip retainer 😁 Gave everything a good clean especially the wheels and now she is back on the shelf ready to race 😊

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko, GToddC5

Last edit: by AndyAus.

What did you do today? 10 months 1 week ago #75603

• AndyAus
  • Away
Cleaned and checked more cars today HSII fitted with my usual race body, Need to finish the box art body for it but it did look good getting around the track with the Super Shot body on  B3 just needed a good clean, Super happy with the new livery Maxxum FF got a good clean and I refitted the wing, Added some screws as the tape just wasn't enough

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko, GToddC5

Last edit: by AndyAus.

What did you do today? 10 months 1 week ago #75615

• AndyAus
  • Away
Todays project was to sort out the Vanquish I picked this car up in a trade and it came with the electrics, I tested it out at a track day but the sensorless brushless system kept cogging I fitted all new electrics including my favorite Torque Tuned, Much better While I was at it I had grabbed the rear 3DP upgrade so fitted that too, Lastly my favorite wheels. I suspect I will have to upgrade to the alloy shock towers at some stage but for now she's done

Attachments:

What did you do today? 10 months 1 week ago #75616

A lovely design. Same if I prefer a boxart avante or the egress. I'm afraid to run mine because of the very fragile aloy hubs. 

What did you do today? 10 months 1 week ago #75617

• AndyAus
  • Away

A lovely design. Same if I prefer a boxart avante or the egress. I'm afraid to run mine because of the very fragile aloy hubs. 

Haha Agreed Flo, Thankfully this is a Re-Re with the upgraded hubs 😁
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

What did you do today? 10 months 1 week ago #75618

I have to try to find 3 sets of these hubs to re run the avante since I restored it and test the egress and the vanquish.

What did you do today? 10 months 1 week ago #75620

Vintage event in Macon, France, next week, with onroad focus... Time to vintage my M05 and to get it ready for next week-end.

I did a quite classical theme for a mini...

It's far from perfect, but this is good enough to ru(i)n it on a track :-)
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Ducksnuts

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.321 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.